Valued Contributor

Advice on Isaac Mizrahi TSV jacket sizing

I saw this quilted jacket from Isaac and would like to order but I've not purchased any of his clothing before.

product thumbnail 6A384602  

https://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live%21-Quilted-Barn-Jacket-with-Printed-Lining.product.A384602.ht...

I wear an XL or PXL in Denim & Co and J.Jill but a 1X in Christopher & Banks.  The measurements on the Isaac jacket seem very generous.  I was hoping for a quilted jacket last year and never found one, hate to let this one get away.

Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on Isaac Mizrahi TSV jacket sizing

Check the garment specific measurements in the product description.  I always look at that chart since there can be a big difference in items by the same label.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Esteemed Contributor

It will also depend what you are going to put it over.  Sweaters can take up room.  Personally I would go big.

Respected Contributor

I have found his items run true to size.  Pants, jackets and sweaters - I've purchased some of each and found the fit is good and the quality is nice too.

If you have a smaller waist/chest I would go with XL, or you are larger in the stomach, across the back and chest area, I would go with the 1X since it doesn't look fitted from the picture and you don't want it to be way oversized.

With the free exchanges, I would order right away, while there are still sizes available if you decide you need to exchange.

That's a nice jacket!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Consider the 'fill' will add inches to the outer measurements.

Valued Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Consider the 'fill' will add inches to the outer measurements.

Yeah I don't want to look too much like the stay puffed Marshmallow Man!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting that my facebook feed now shows an ad for a quilted jacket from another retailer . . .

Regular Contributor

wishRe: Advice on Isaac Mizrahi TSV jacket sizing

Sure wish they would offer it in petite's.  No sale for me!

It is what it is!!!
Super Contributor

I agree the sizing is generous.  I usually wear a small in Isaac and I would think the sizing for a jacket would take in account layed pieces.  When I look at the sizing for the medium I'm afraid it would look oversized, which I am not crazy about for a jacket.  I'm leaning toward ordering a small and hope for best.  Am interested in what others have to say!

Honored Contributor

Good suggestions here.

Also, I would consider my climate.  If one lives in a very cold climate (snow, etc.), maybe allow room for very thick, chunky sweaters, if that's what one wears in Fall/deep Winter.

Beautiful jacket, btw.  I love all of the colors.  The light olive green is calling my name...............(for a change).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).