Honored Contributor

Ad In Nordstrom Holiday Catalog

This two-page ad for Nike sneakers appears in Nordstrom holiday gift catalog. Powerful!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Ad In Nordstrom Holiday Catalog

yes, it is powerful, but i see this every where i go and it does get to me.  there is a sadness and helplessness factor here and i really get tired of it all the time every where i shop and post, etc.

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

yes, it is powerful, but i see this every where i go and it does get to me.  there is a sadness and helplessness factor here and i really get tired of it all the time every where i shop and post, etc.

I don't see this as sadness and helplessness at all.  In the Nike ad, and many others, they are focusing on people who have not let their disability stop them.  I find it inspiring.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see helplessness, I see strength, domination over adversity, and overcoming. She makes a powerful statement to me. "Just do it!" Is appropriate here.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack@Buck-i-Nana

you may not be receiving the catalogs i do.  i highly respect these women.  i don't like them being used to try and force a sale down our throats and that is what they are doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne, you are right, I don't think I get this catalog. I get a ton of catalogs, though, that go immediately into the recycling bin because it is the easiest way to resist temptation.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

i think that's what i was trying to convey.  thanks a bunch and happy thanksgiving!

Trusted Contributor

I am fine with the ad.  I wonder if the model is a vet?  We should be comfortable with amputees and not turn away from them. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I think it's very powerful as well and don't see anything other than pride, courage, strength, and the very confident "I am me no matter what!" every time I see a photo like that~!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I think it's reminding us not to think things for granted.