New Contributor

I am a realistic person, so frankly I don't expect to see a 3X model but it felt good to vent too. And I do realize that there are many body types in each size, but an "average" idea how a pattern or style might look would be appreciated; and as a previous poster mentioned there must be an awful lot of returns in the larger sizes.

Look how long it took Lane Bryant, for example, to start using actual plus size models (not just an 18/20) to advertise their clothes in the mainstream. 

Honored Contributor

Not to change the subject, but don't most women already KNOW what styles do --  and don't --  look good on them?   Unless it's some exotic style, I've probably already tried on something similar in a B&M store.    JMO

Honored Contributor

QVC is in the business of selling clothing.   Let's face it,  a 3X model doesn't show clothing off to its best advantage.   You can look at an XS model and hope you look like that in her outfit,  but nobody looks at a 3X and hope they look like her.   You'll never see a 3X model on QVC. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I agree, being a 2X or 3X depending on the clothing.  Most of my clothes I purchase online from Woman Within.  The QVC clothing is just too expensive IMO. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC is in the business of selling clothing.   Let's face it,  a 3X model doesn't show clothing off to its best advantage.   You can look at an XS model and hope you look like that in her outfit,  but nobody looks at a 3X and hope they look like her.   You'll never see a 3X model on QVC. 

Having been a 3X/4X I must respectfully disagree with this comment. I approached my weight issue with a combination of resignation and hope. I continued to believe that at some point, if I kept searching, I'd find some way to get healthier than I was when I was heavy.

STILL, I loved nicecclothes and attempted to dress conservatively, comfortably, and attractively. 

I relied on careful color choices, fabulous jewelry, good fit and a big smile to look as well as I could while being morbidly obese. I think I was able to move through my life as a fat woman while still not offending anyone's vision with my size.

It WOULD have been helpful at the time to me to see an array of sizes, including 3X, in QVC shows.

Even the most toned 6' tall woman wearing a 3X is food for thought for a woman who wears the same size (pun intended).

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't wear a 3X but I did at one time and I can say that seeing a 3X model wouldn't have helped me much at all.  Because there's an incredible amount of diversity in how 2X's and 3X's are built.  Some are extremely top heavy, some apple shapes,  some have big thighs, some have big rears,  some have very thin legs.  some are curvy with defined waists.  No two are built alike.  Perhaps it isn't PC to say it but all that excess weight accumulates in different places in those ladies.   And again,  not PC to say it, but smaller women don't want to see very very large women modelling clothes.  But if it's important to you,  you should contact QVC and suggest that they do some shows that specifically show only plus size models.  Perhaps then they could include some 3X models.   Of course, then the 4X women would complain.

@chrystaltree

I've also noted a few times that BODY TYPE is much more important than actual size.   For some odd reason, many just don't seem to understand that.  If you are looking at a model with the same body type, her actual size doesn't matter much.

You got that right!  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Not to change the subject, but don't most women already KNOW what styles do --  and don't --  look good on them?   Unless it's some exotic style, I've probably already tried on something similar in a B&M store.    JMO

Yes, the vast majority of plus women know what size they wear, they know their body shapes, they know their figure challenges, they know their personal style.  They also know how to use tape measures and size charts. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP that if they are going to sell size 3X clothes (and maybe 4X) clothes they should always have a model that wears at least a size 3X out on the floor.

I know I have big feet (size 11) and a size 11 shoe looks very different from a size 6 or 7 when it's on someone's foot.  Same thing for larger size clothing.  I wear usually a size XL (every now and then a 1X) and it looks different from those who wear a size Small.

Honored Contributor
I agree that it's more about body type than size especially when you consider the excessive vanity sizing that the Q employs. I'm a small or extra small but I'm not represented by the models on QVC as I don't believe they have a single one with hips! You may not be interested in the clothing on evine but they do have a good representation of body types within the models
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actual 3X Model

[ Edited ]

I am not a 3x either but, I think its only fair that they have  larger plus sizes. Not only at QVC or B&M . I remember they did not have my sizing in XXS at QVC only very recently.