Highlighted
New Contributor

Unless you are 3X+ like me, you probably could not care what a 3X clothing item looks like being worn, compared to a XXS or XL. Let me tell you, many styles/patterns do NOT translate just because you make them bigger. I want to see how clothes look on a 3X, not just an XL and hope for the best. Chances are QVC will NEVER use a true 3X type model, because let's face it, nobody wants to see that on tv...unless you do. And on a side note...shark-bite does nothing for a 3X! 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear plus size, but I'd have no problem with QVC adding a size 3X model to the shows.  I'd also welcome more models who are over 40, especially during Beauty shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have been asking for 3x forever...most posters come on here and say you have a 1x...you can tell from her....NO...you cannot tell what something looks like on a 3x....unless they ARE a 3x...

All the smaller sizes...especially the xxs and xs sizes are well represented...but we 3x's are NOT....why is that...we shop...

Thanks for this thread...though it won't do any good....but its nice to be able to vent about it.....AGAIN...ANYONE LISTENING AT THE Q.....

Honored Contributor

I don't wear a 3X but I did at one time and I can say that seeing a 3X model wouldn't have helped me much at all.  Because there's an incredible amount of diversity in how 2X's and 3X's are built.  Some are extremely top heavy, some apple shapes,  some have big thighs, some have big rears,  some have very thin legs.  some are curvy with defined waists.  No two are built alike.  Perhaps it isn't PC to say it but all that excess weight accumulates in different places in those ladies.   And again,  not PC to say it, but smaller women don't want to see very very large women modelling clothes.  But if it's important to you,  you should contact QVC and suggest that they do some shows that specifically show only plus size models.  Perhaps then they could include some 3X models.   Of course, then the 4X women would complain.

Honored Contributor

Most of the models wear extra small or extra extra small and I don't think that is what most of the viewing public wears either so we have to figure out how that will look on us.  I don't see how that is any different.  

Honored Contributor

@didisaythat     @circles

If you really want QVC to note your request, I suggest you put this post in the Suggestion Box section.  JMO.    

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't wear a 3X but I did at one time and I can say that seeing a 3X model wouldn't have helped me much at all.  Because there's an incredible amount of diversity in how 2X's and 3X's are built.  Some are extremely top heavy, some apple shapes,  some have big thighs, some have big rears,  some have very thin legs.  some are curvy with defined waists.  No two are built alike.  Perhaps it isn't PC to say it but all that excess weight accumulates in different places in those ladies.   And again,  not PC to say it, but smaller women don't want to see very very large women modelling clothes.  But if it's important to you,  you should contact QVC and suggest that they do some shows that specifically show only plus size models.  Perhaps then they could include some 3X models.   Of course, then the 4X women would complain.

@chrystaltree

I've also noted a few times that BODY TYPE is much more important than actual size.   For some odd reason, many just don't seem to understand that.  If you are looking at a model with the same body type, her actual size doesn't matter much.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Most of the models wear extra small or extra extra small and I don't think that is what most of the viewing public wears either so we have to figure out how that will look on us.  I don't see how that is any different.  

And the Q needs to accept the fact there will be many returns.  I depend on Maria but there are times when even she is not there.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've had the same experience. No matter what size I have been, a model the same clothing size never had my same body shape. I'd never order based on that.

Valued Contributor

I've been as small as a 12 and also been a 4x-5x.  Currently a 1x-2x.  IMO, you will never see a 3x model.  Even though the average woman in this country is more like Carolyn or Antonella, clothing looks better on a Brenda or Amanda.  I get catalogues that have 3x+ size models and even with all the air-brushing, the clothes may be pretty, but I know they would look awful on a lumpy, shorter me.  I am not induced to buy.  HSN has some larger models but they are also close to 6 feet tall.  While I also feel the Q needs a more diverse representation of models, I think what they really need is better stylists.