Trusted Contributor

Act your age, ladies, not your shoe size

Uhhhmmmm, and ,Hehe, let me know if you want the Bblllaaaack one, uuuuhhhmmm, Hahahaheha...  Since when is it cute to adopt the wayaard speech , uuhhhmmm,  of  of youth?  

A rhinocerus in baby pink tutu on pint comes to mind.  A fully grown (overgrown) 50 something woman giggling and uuhhmming at maximum volume is absurd, especially when this bizarre speech pattern is a new affectation.

Yes posters I can and do change the channel but I want to see the TSV, the OTO, the designers' presentations.  The silliness interferes to the point when I do have to turn away and I feel loss.  

Oh that the hosts and guests with this disease of "cuteness", of feigning  " hipness" would be forced to watch their own presentations.  I often wonder if the vendors are allowed to request a particular host. 

Dont get me wwrong the Q still surpassed the major competitors but what a shame....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Act your age, ladies, not your shoe size

One early morning cackling host definitely came to mind when I read your post.

Respected Contributor

really?

Regular Contributor

wow.....sheesh Smiley Indifferent

New Contributor

Hi, I have to act my age. Unfortunately I'm to old to wear heels. Would you believe I could run in them? I get the last laugh sometimes. Some look like my grandma wore. I will never be old in ideas and having fun

Honored Contributor

What bothers me the most..........is when the hosts "pretend" to have some of the afflictions that seniors have...........     Morning stiffness, trouble walking stairs, bad knees..........the whole megillah.     They don't have a CLUE..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

this kind of thing tires me out and i'm really bored with the whole topic.  there are many more interesting things to discuss on here. 

Honored Contributor

Oh My Goodness, I completely misunderstood the title of this THREAD!

I THOUGHT YOU MEANT that posters should certainly have more serious concerns than  carping about salespeople on a TV channel!

And before you chime in with cliche #17, I read the first entry in the thread because of that erroneous assumption.

Lesson learned, never underestimate the "carp quotient" of late night posters with time on their hands!

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard this expression in years - brought a smile to my face.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I have no intention of ever acting my age!