Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aahh Bra Fans

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

LD, do you own/wear Aahh bras?  If so, how do you think they compare to Genie bras?  Any sizing issues?  

I think that Genie bra debaucle is scaring me away from ordering bras online.  

I do have several aahh bras.  Some of them don't have the modesty pad inserts and they are thin.  I don't care for those as much because they don't offer as much support and they give me more of a uniboob look.

The aahh bras I have that have the inserts are much thicker.  Those I often wear without the insert and get plenty of support and no uniboob.

I would say the aahh bras with the inserts are slightly thicker than the Genie Bras and the inserts are much bigger than the Genie inserts. 

@Lipstickdiva

Thank you for weighing in with your opinion of the Aahh bra.  I am glad you mentioned the pads are bigger in this brand.  I can't wear the pads that come with the Genie bras.  They are simply too small and create a weird shape.  

For everyone:  

I have this Wacoal soft cup bralette.  It is very comfortable and little bit sexier, while at the same time providing enough support to wear with street clothes.  

Esteemed Contributor

interesting comments on the inserts. I always remove them. Have never worn them. Not once.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

LD, do you own/wear Aahh bras?  If so, how do you think they compare to Genie bras?  Any sizing issues?  

I do have several aahh bras.  Some of them don't have the modesty pad inserts and they are thin.  I don't care for those as much because they don't offer as much support and they give me more of a uniboob look.

The aahh bras I have that have the inserts are much thicker.  Those I often wear without the insert and get plenty of support and no uniboob.

I would say the aahh bras with the inserts are slightly thicker than the Genie Bras and the inserts are much bigger than the Genie inserts. 

@Lipstickdiva

Thank you for weighing in with your opinion of the Aahh bra.  I am glad you mentioned the pads are bigger in this brand.  I can't wear the pads that come with the Genie bras.  They are simply too small and create a weird shape.  

For everyone:  

I have this Wacoal soft cup bralette.  It is very comfortable and little bit sexier, while at the same time providing enough support to wear with street clothes.  

@magicmoodz does this run true to size?  With the Aahh bra you have to size up just like with Genie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

@Lipstickdiva

For everyone:  

@magicmoodz does this run true to size?  With the Aahh bra you have to size up just like with Genie. 

@Lipstickdiva This bra only comes in band size, not cup size.  I am a 34dd and I think I purchased a 36.  Since it is "stretchy" if is pretty forgiving in the cup.  Here is a picture of the back.  The straps can be hooked together if wearing a cut in top, but they don't have to be.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Aahh Bra Fans

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

interesting comments on the inserts. I always remove them. Have never worn them. Not once.

correct me if i am wrong, but didn't  you say that you wear the genie and the ah=ha bras over another bra?   if that is the case, then the inserts would not be necessary.  but i wear my genie bra (under a tank)  for walking, and i DO need the inserts 

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

correct me if i am wrong, but didn't  you say that you wear the genie and the ah=ha bras over another bra?   if that is the case, then the inserts would not be necessary.  but i wear my genie bra (under a tank)  for walking, and i DO need the inserts 

@fancy pantsyyes, that's correct, I do that most of the time. Sometimes, though, I just double up on the Ahh or Genie bras and wear two of those at a time, without inserts. I just never liked the way the inserts looked or felt. Woman Very Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I have both Ahhh and Genies in several varieties and my verdict is the Ahhhs are more comfortable and the Genies are more supportive.  Both brands have 'thin' and 'thick' styles.  I find myself almost never wearing the thin styles due to lack of support.  I need to clear them out of the drawer.

Thanks @Lipstickdiva for the tip on the TS!  I'll watch and see what they're offering.  I picked up 5 Genies in their last $5 ea online sale and really don't need any more bras!

Valued Contributor

I just figured out that the Aahh Bra set that is the TS tonight on the other channel is the cotton blend Aahh Bra.  In case anyone was interested, I have four of these cotton blend Aahh Bras and they are wonderful!  Definitely more supportiive than the regular nylon/spandex Aahh Bras.  Highly recommend this particular item.

Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I just figured out that the Aahh Bra set that is the TS tonight on the other channel is the cotton blend Aahh Bra.  In case anyone was interested, I have four of these cotton blend Aahh Bras and they are wonderful!  Definitely more supportiive than the regular nylon/spandex Aahh Bras.  Highly recommend this particular item.

Great info @sueeich!  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Now that I see this fabrication, I am definitely interested in giving them a try but I just can't justify it at the moment.  I own more bras than should be allowed by law.  Please post reviews if you decide to get it!  I like the tea party color set.