Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: Birkenstock Ladies!

@kivah Sometimes I wear socks (when cold) other times I just wear the shoes.  Some of my Birkenstock shoes are a little bigger than others so I must wear socks with them.

The Mary Jane Birkenstocks shoes though fit perfectly without socks.

If you wear socks with them always then you probably don't have the indentions one gets in the footbed...do you?  I'm curious.

My sandals are so indented with my feet (i.e. toes, etc) no one else could wear them at all.  That's one of the things they say about Birkenstock shoes.

Honored Contributor

@TW Yes!  It's the Betula one's that I bought from HSN.  They feel differently.  They don't feel as good on my feet as the regular Birkenstocks.

I used to know more about the Birki's and the Birkenstock and so on, but I've forgotten now.  They have different designs on them and the footbed is different.

I haven't received the Birkenstock shoes I bought last week from HSN yet.  I'm anxious to see if they're different from all of my one's I bought from QVC.

I have (I think it is 2 or 3 pair) of Birkenstock shoes that are all some kind of rubber that can get wet.  They offered similar one's last week on HSN but mine look more like the real Birkenstocks.  The one's I bought last week from HSN just look different.

Good grief!  I wish QVC would go back to offering the flowered, etc Birkenstocks that are so pretty.

Does anyone else here have the QVC Birkenstock where QVC and the emblem is on the leather sandals?  Mine are blue and white.

Honored Contributor

Hey! Ladies!  While fishing the inernet looking for unusual Birkenstock, I just found this old(er) website about Birkenstock shoes.  This lady posted pictures of her Birkenstock's.  Oh!  And I guess you know if you just google Birkenstock's our posts show up too!  Ugh!  I'm not fond of that but can't stop it I guess....there's old posts from here back in the day about Birkenstocks.

Anyway, here's the websit about the lady and her Birkenstocks. 

http://www.ilovebirkenstocks.com/blog

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Not sure where to start! So much in common and lots to respond to. My grandpa was in finance in Omaha. Of course mom was raised to invest wisely. So was I. You mentioned GE? GE and AT&T were a couple of the first stocks I purchased as a single female! Berkshire Hatheway was next; great stock, which has grown like crazy over the years, but it doesn't pay dividents. I purchased the B-shares of B-H for my grandson, which were really reasonable . . . still are! (Thought they would grow quicker than they have. Time will tell; it's a waiting game.)

Used to sing in the Church Choir. It was a large Presbyterian Church and we had to audition each year in order to retain our spot! How I hated doing that; my anxiety would drive me crazy. Mom always told me, "You worry about things that usually never happen." Of course, I didn't understand what she meant. She was trying to tell me that my voice was on key and auditioning was simply part of the process. Later in life (when we moved every year), her words would return whenever I became active in a new community and felt unsure of myself. My self-confidence would return and I was fine in any situation. We had a used Church organ in our home, as well as a piano. I also played the clarinet and flute. Ballet and track were my favorites until my 20's.

Mom was a journalist, so we were avid readers and writers. Still am! Swimming, piano and organ are still things I enjoy. We belonged to a couple of country clubs, but I refused to learn to golf until after I married (much to my parent's chagrin!). That was probably my lone rebellious behavior. Smiley Happy

Like you, I didn't drink until well into my 30's. Never could understand hanging around getting drunk when there was so much fun going on! Why miss the good stuff in a haze of stupor? Never dated anyone my own age; boys were too immature at that age. Found that upperclass men could really dance! Everything from ballroom to jitterbug to polka to rock 'n roll . . . and most of our dates included dancing to live music, concerts, plays, theatre, movies. We were never bored.

Confident the '60's were the best time to be a teenager, even with the political and social upheavals going on . . . and I did participate in some of them! We didn't have the pressures previous generations did or future generations have had.

PC is being weird. Will talk with you later! So enjoy getting to know you. Hugs!   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair from HSN last month or the month before. My first new pair of Birkenstocks in several years. 

They came and they’re cute and I kept them, but they’re nowhere near as comfortable as the Birkenstocks I bought years ago (and still wear) from QVC.  The toe bar seems to be higher up than normal and not as comfortable. But again, I kept them and I’ll get them broken in. 

Today, however, I went to a local shoe store and bought a pair of Birkenstock Arizona’s and also a pair of the Sydney style. Both are extremely comfortable, right out of the box. No discomfort in the toe bar at all. 

Has anyone who has purchased them from HSN noticed a difference in comfort?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?