Frequent Contributor

ATTENTION QVC DESIGNERS ,MANUFACTURERS ...FIX THIS !

QVC sizing is now way off..Clothing items received do not match garment measurements as listed...This problem occurs across the designer lines not just one.

I have shopped for clothing here for many years and been totally satisfied. Recently I have had to send item after item back because of ill fitting even though I always check the garment measurement before ordering.This reslults in costly shipping and frustration.Sadly this problem is not limited to only one clothing line as I order from many different ones on QVC.

Please address this problem soon.

Thank You

Honored Contributor

Re: ATTENTION QVC DESIGNERS ,MANUFACTURERS ...FIX THIS !

I buy a lot of clothing, but haven't noticed any discrepancies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@9531: It's been my experience that most items' sizing largely depends on the intended fit and/or type of fabric of the clothes. For example, a dress made of matte jersey knit and sized as "fitted", as opposed to a dress made of matte jersey knit and intended to be a "relaxed" fit will usually determine what size I chose. If the item is "fitted", I size up. If the item is a "relaxed fit", I size down.

So, the first thing I do is scroll down to the item description and check the type of fabric and intended fit. Last but not least, I found that a lot of designers' sizing guides are not always equal. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I agree with OP--I never can fit into what the measurments are on the size charts----no matter if it is the number sizes or the S,M, L sizes------had some luck recently--which is so rare for me----

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@9531: It's been my experience that most items' sizing largely depends on the intended fit and/or type of fabric of the clothes. For example, a dress made of matte jersey knit and sized as "fitted", as opposed to a dress made of matte jersey knit and intended to be a "relaxed" fit will usually determine what size I chose. If the item is "fitted", I size up. If the item is a "relaxed fit", I size down.

So, the first thing I do is scroll down to the item description and check the type of fabric and intended fit. Last but not least, I found that a lot of designers' sizing guides are not always equal. Hope this helps.

@Diva on The Q 

YES .... Exactly!    The amount of positive / negative  ease is dependent on fabric and style.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@9531 wrote:

QVC sizing is now way off..Clothing items received do not match garment measurements as listed...This problem occurs across the designer lines not just one.

I have shopped for clothing here for many years and been totally satisfied. Recently I have had to send item after item back because of ill fitting even though I always check the garment measurement before ordering.This reslults in costly shipping and frustration.Sadly this problem is not limited to only one clothing line as I order from many different ones on QVC.

Please address this problem soon.

Thank You

@9531 

If the garment measurements on the items you received do not match the ones listed on the website, the items can be returned as defective. Simply call CS to let them know and you won’t be charged to return the items.

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any sizing issues and I buy 80% of my clothing from QVC.  I use the body measurement size charts, not the garment measurement chart.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!!!!   @9531 - This is why I've quit ordering clothing from QVC.  The "click here" measurements do not match garments I've received -- and I was not able to return any of them as defective. 

I shop in stores where I can feel the fabrics, check the quality, and try on clothing before I buy it.  No shipping charges and no return fees.

As long as ladies keep ordering, QVC is not going to fix anything.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt