Honored Contributor

I had off this week.  I decided to do the wash.  Totally forgot about Isaac's cotton tops.  Put them in the dryer.  Naturally they shrunk.  Did  four of his tops.  I always size up to XS in his tops for this very reason...  2 of them look OK.  Just not as loose and happy they are shorter.  One of them (my favorite...the white one) is a little snug, but still fits.  The last one well is pretty snug.  But I wear that one at home.  So not too bad.

But!  I hate I have to remember to separate the wash before I put it in the dryer.  Another reminder why I love and loath 100% cotton.  The Graver tops are just fine.  A nuclear explosion could not destroy those. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about that.  I love Isaac's tops, but I always hang them to dry.  I helps that I live in southern Arizona so they often dry very quickly.  That is funny about Susan Graver's tops.  I hang them to dry as well, but they do seem pretty much indestructible..

Respected Contributor

I never put anything with cotton in the dryer.  I let them air dry because I have always found that they shrink a little even if I put them on delicate dryer cycle.

Valued Contributor

Exact reason i keep my husband away from doing laundry....everything goes in the dryer on HIGH heat. gets my goat. so many things have been  ruined by him. an Issac t shirt. never bought another one.

Trusted Contributor

Next time you wash them, either hang them or lay them flat and stretch them a little. Just gently in the areas they shrunk.(the chest, the hips, the length) I have done this many times after accidentally drying something. Cotton is a pretty resilient fabric and the permanent shrinkage seems to be after repetitive drying. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@songbird   That is too bad🙁.  I know just how you feel. I am always so careful about what I put in the dryer or hang....occasionally something gets in the dryer and shrinks. I can only blame myself.....husband❤️ is BANNED from doing laundry😄

Honored Contributor

@so so 

LOL! I don’t let my husband do the laundry either. If I did, the whole laundry basket would be thrown in, in one load!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Re: ARG....I did it again!

[ Edited ]

I never ever put any of my nice clothes in the dryer at all.  I do all the laundry and the inside work and hubs does the outside.  I ALWAYS hang my nice things to dry right over the washer and dryer; I have a rod there specifically for that reason.  They dry overnight and then I put them away the next day.  I even hang hubs shirts to dry that way.

Valued Contributor

My husband did the laundry when I was in the hospital. He ended up with pink underwear. His red pajamas and white underwear did a job on them.

Honored Contributor

Easy solution...just iron the shirts and s t r e t c h as you iron. Done. I do this all the time to correct dryer errors, works like a charm.

"Pure Michigan"