Honored Contributor

ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH BEAR PAW BOOTS?

The today's special on HSN caught my eye, but I am not familiar with this brand.   

I also wonder if buying sheepskin boots need to be sized up.  Ordinarily, I wear a size 8, and would buy a size 8.5 for this type of boot ... but no half sizes, and a size 9 seems too much. 

Any and all feedback welcome! 

TIA 

Trusted Contributor

Re: ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH BEAR PAW BOOTS?

i always size down in the real sheepskin boots...i find bear paw to be nicer than that koolaburra fake fur ****** that qvc sellsSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE the brand, I usually size up a 1/2 size (I am a 6 1/2 and normally order a 7.  In your case you can most likely wear the 8 or the 9 depending if you will wear socks or not.  I do, so that's why I size up.  I have 3 pairs and I also ordered the TS in the taupe. (which makes 4)  I think they are a great boot and reasonably priced.  Happy shopping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44   I have Bearpaw boots and also own Uggs.  I can't tell much difference.  Bearpaws are much nicer than the knock-offs qvc sells.  I just ordered another pair to wear as slippers as I like the short style.  I always order my regular size.  They are snug when you first put them on but the wool compresses rapidly and then they're fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 @I agree, they fit better after a few wears. I don't size up.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   @LindaSal   @alohakz 

Are these usually a heavy shoe?  I can't find anything about the weight.

I have a gorgeous pair of Ugg slip on/mule style shoes in cranberry suede, with sheepskin lining.  They are surprisingly HEAVY and I'd never wear them out because of the weight.   

So, I rarely wear them although they are quite attractive ... don't want to make that mistake twice.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    I don't have one handy right now but I don't remember them as being heavy.  In my size 11, they're A bit bulky but not heavy.  Strange that your shoes are so heavy but cranberry suede sounds gorgeous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

There's another thread about BP boots over on the TSV forum. You might find it useful.

Trusted Contributor

I had a pair of these a few years ago. I really liked them. They have real sheepskin inside, not that polyester stuff like Koolaburra does. I bought my true size 8 1/2 M and they were fine. I also had a pair of their slippers too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I had a pair of these a few years ago. I really liked them. They have real sheepskin inside, not that polyester stuff like Koolaburra does. I bought my true size 8 1/2 M and they were fine. I also had a pair of their slippers too.

@Buffalogal47 

I think I might like the slippers better, but one of the boots had a 1 1/2 inch heel incline, which I also liked better than a flat bottom.   

I guess a key point is are they going to be house slippers, or do you plan to wear them outside, as well?