Super Contributor

Re: ANYBODY ELSE READY TO THINK SPRING/SUMMER FASHIONS?

Oh, dear, magic!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cashmere sweaters! I feel your pain, as I discovered not one, not two, but THREE small moth holes in one of my favorite cardigans. Of course, it was the one in a beautiful shade of basil green (a shade not easily found this season). What's puzzling is that it had been freshly dry-cleaned and stored in the cedar chest, yet none of my other sweaters or scarves were affected.

I hope you are able to find replacement sweaters, perhaps even on sale! Talbots still has a pretty good variety of sizes and colors on their website. Let me know if you wind up with anything.

I don't know if I can take credit for directing you to Jennifer Scott's website, as I remember quite a bit of discussion on the boards about the Madame Chic book. However, I'm glad you are enjoying her blog. Do you own one or both of Jennifer's books? I have both, but I have to say that I enjoyed the first one more. Looking forward to her third book later this year.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like an excellent idea to begin sorting and digging into our summer wear. It's a good time to take stock of what needs to be added or refreshed and purchase it early before it's all picked over.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't own them, maddie, but I can tell I would prefer the first book over her second. I am just so intrigued with a young woman in today's world that holds the values she does.

I want to be her!

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 maddiecat said:

Oh, dear, magic!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cashmere sweaters! I feel your pain, as I discovered not one, not two, but THREE small moth holes in one of my favorite cardigans. Of course, it was the one in a beautiful shade of basil green (a shade not easily found this season). What's puzzling is that it had been freshly dry-cleaned and stored in the cedar chest, yet none of my other sweaters or scarves were affected.

I hope you are able to find replacement sweaters, perhaps even on sale! Talbots still has a pretty good variety of sizes and colors on their website. Let me know if you wind up with anything.

I don't know if I can take credit for directing you to Jennifer Scott's website, as I remember quite a bit of discussion on the boards about the Madame Chic book. However, I'm glad you are enjoying her blog. Do you own one or both of Jennifer's books? I have both, but I have to say that I enjoyed the first one more. Looking forward to her third book later this year.

Ladies, get some large press top food bags, roll to get all the air out and freeze them!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

It actually made 60 here on WNC, so it felt like spring for five seconds. It's done that before and also dropped 38 inches on my deck at the end of one march (with a new puppy I might add!). Today I finally got to wear a transitional top and scarf that was backordered at a site I love! I'll be in thick turtlenecks before the week's end!

Since I'm in retail after teaching, sleeveless, yes, sleeveless! tops are beginning to line the walkways and the coat dept is 1/4 bathing suits now. I got out the list I made at the end of last summer and I'm on the hunt! (Well, I keep an eye out!)!!!

Trusted Contributor

Not me. I love my sweaters and boots and I hate the hot weather.

Honored Contributor

Well, I think everyone knows I'm not buying...

but these are the spring items that appeal to me:

From Talbots-

Wrinkle-Resistant Herringbone Print Shirt Vintage Filigree Tee Dress Sparkle Picton Plaid Shirt Pima Cotton Rainbow Paisley Bateau Neck Tee

From Land's End-

From L.L. Bean-

Signature Stretch Knit Dress

From Pendleton-

Amy Jacket Textured Cardigan

From Sundance-

FLORAL VINE TRELLIS DRESS SPIRIT SEEKER TOP VANESSA THREE-QUARTER SLEEVE TEE FRENCH TWIST TEE

Honored Contributor

I hate cold weather, and even though there is lots of winter left, yes, I have been thinking of spring fashion. I have received a few catalogs and emails with new spring arrivals in them which is getting me in the mood to think about what I need. I want some nicer dressier short sleeve tops; most short sleeve tops are casual t-shirts. In the past it seems that lots of spring/ summer tops are either 3/4 sleeve or sleeveless too which is not what I prefer. I hope I can find what I'm looking for this year.
Respected Contributor

heck no. i have plenty of winter clothes yet to wear. also i remember at the beginning of QVC that it prided itself on offering new things for the current season when all other retailers were already offering only those for the next season. my, my, my.........

Honored Contributor

Need to find some good white denim ankle pants ....and a new pair of Yellow Box and I'll be ready to go....love spring but we go from 75 to 105 really quick so I am not in a huge hurry for colder weather to be gone .as long as it's dry.