Esteemed Contributor

ANY FABULOUS FASHION FINDS OVER THE WEEKEND?

Ladies, it is going to be 70 degrees on Wednesday! Finally!

I purchased a pair of washable linen shorts at J Jill. They are very casual and can be popped on over my swimsuit.

What about you?

Super Contributor

Re: ANY FABULOUS FASHION FINDS OVER THE WEEKEND?

Good afternoon, magic!

No clothes-shopping for me over the weekend.

My neighborhood had its volunteer planting project Saturday morning, then Sweetie and I headed to Fort Worth to two museums and to see an indie movie called "The Lunchbox" and then to dinner. It was a full and fun day.

Sunday I went with my best friend to church and brunch. It was raining so hard when church let out! Despite having umbrellas, we got very wet. I had planned to run errands afterward, but didn't want to walk around in wet shoes.

What color are your linen shorts? I noticed Talbots has new linen shirts on its website. There's one in a lovely shade of green that caught my eye!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/7/2014 maddiecat said:

Good afternoon, magic!

No clothes-shopping for me over the weekend.

My neighborhood had its volunteer planting project Saturday morning, then Sweetie and I headed to Fort Worth to two museums and to see an indie movie called "The Lunchbox" and then to dinner. It was a full and fun day.

Sunday I went with my best friend to church and brunch. It was raining so hard when church let out! Despite having umbrellas, we got very wet. I had planned to run errands afterward, but didn't want to walk around in wet shoes.

What color are your linen shorts? I noticed Talbots has new linen shirts on its website. There's one in a lovely shade of green that caught my eye!

Hi maddie!

Sounds like you had a busy AND fun weekend. What a nice volunteer project--making communities a better place. Did you like the movie? I am a big fan of indies but have not seen "The Lunchbox".

My new shorts are white. I thought they would be good for boating and will pair with a denim shirt when it gets cool in the evenings.

I am so excited about this weather. We had 10" of snow last week and now it will be 70 this week.

I am going to look at those linen shorts at Talbots. Thanks for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

I got two new pairs of sunglasses at Target. I usually do this each summer as I lose them, break them, or they get scratched. I can't stand to have any glare when I'm outside, so I always have a pair in my purse, in the car, in BF's car, and sometimes in a jacket pocket.

Super Contributor

I ordered the Joan Rivers floral sheath dress in clearance, so I guess I'll find out if it's fabulous. Hope it's long enough. I just take chances because lengths are different from size charts often.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/7/2014 lolakimono said:

I got two new pairs of sunglasses at Target. I usually do this each summer as I lose them, break them, or they get scratched. I can't stand to have any glare when I'm outside, so I always have a pair in my purse, in the car, in BF's car, and sometimes in a jacket pocket.

lola, I am the same way. I must own at least 20 pair of sunglasses. I wear them rain, snow, sleet or hail, seriously. I have a fear that I will find myself out with no "shades"!

Super Contributor

Me too, must have sunglasses. I can't lose mine though because they're prescription.
Respected Contributor

This past week, I crossed off 3 things on my shopping list, all on sale:

*Tyler Ronan handbag, sand color, Macy's ($89 reg.) =$42

*Blue dressy top with short flutter sleeves, Ann Taylor - $35

*Mint v neck tee cotton/modal, Ann Taylor - $15

I was excited about a new linen blend tee at Talbot's that I saw online, but it turned out to be a dud for me - too long, too deep a scoop neckline. I went next door to Ann Taylor and did very well. You just never know where the good stuff will be!