Honored Contributor

ANOTHER PEPLUM KNIT JACKET THAT WORKS

After finding one zip-front knit jacket, slight peplum, in Denim and Co. that I liked (and that got compliments-- I reviewed it here) I went on the hunt for others.  There was a Linea one by Louis that was pretty, 100% cotton, dreamy colors.  Then I read the reviews that said the sizing was off and weird fit etc.  Disappointing, and I can't bear the thought of experimenting, then getting something I have to return, etc.

So, back to Denim and Co., in which sizing and fit for me at least, is pretty consistently bang-on.  This one is called French Terry Zip Front High Low Hem Knit Jacket--   A299111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS1O5ygdVD4

Again, like the slightly different style I got before, the peplum isn't too big, just flows flatteringly over hips, it's a bit longer in the back, but still looks proportionately good --I'm 5'3"-- (which surprised me), perfect fit in my usual size small.  I needed a soft pink sweater, and it has a yummy pink called "rose blush", as well as bright navy, gray, purple, black, dark slate, etc.  Note in the video it looks good on Aida, Pat James-Dementri, Pam, and the other model whose name I don't know.  Sold!

Didn't mean to go on and on, ha. Thought I'd mention in case anyone still searching for last minutes gifts, or self-gift! 

Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER PEPLUM KNIT JACKET THAT WORKS

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Very functional and cute jacket.  I like the outfit on Pat J.D. in the video.  I'm wondering if the pants are D&C, they fit her so well and gives a polished look to the outfit.  My kind of casual clothing.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @phoenixbrd, it did look really nice on her with the pants.  Nice, clean lines, sleek, a blank slate for a variety of different (and comfy) looks you want to go for.

Honored Contributor

I have had this jacket for a while and just tried it on today and I am very pleased with the way it looks the color is a blue grey and it fits very well

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Oh, @I am still oxox, that's the color that really intrigues me-- you must be talking about the "dark slate"?   It looks like it has hints of teal-- pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

Thank you for sharing this information!

It is so helpful.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell: I just received the D&C jacket about a week ago, & really like it, too. Ordinarily, I don't find a peplum style top to be the most flattering, but this one is slight. Sizing was spot-on for me as well. Enjoy your new jacket!