Valued Contributor

Re: ANOTHER New Show for KERSTIN??

So many sound upset over hosts, esp Kirsten.

there is a really easy solution.....keep your TV off QVC and return to B&M stores or internet for shopping.

Why be so frustrated?  We have choices!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I think the decisions made by TPTB at QVC are largely made by their evaluation of host metrics. They know, to the dollar, which host sells the most for any given product and line and which hours of the day have the highest and lowest sales. They base their decisions on what will have the greatest chance to improve the bottom line. They don't blink an eye at what forum posters say about liking or not liking a host or vendor, all they pay attention to is if that host generated sales and more sales.

I don't watch a particular host, but I don't think my not watching has resulted in a noticeable dent in her sales volume.

I think you're probably right @MaggieMack. Unfortunately, I also agree that I am completely flummoxed to figure out how and why the Q opted to give the hosts they did the chance to garner big sales figures... With just a few excpetions, I don't like any of the current crop of Q "It Girls" and that's a big reason I no longer watch. You have to wonder if it ever occurred to them how much sales might rise with hosts people actually like, not even to mention with fresher and more diverse merchandise. They're stuck in a rut because they're playing it safe and that might work for them for a while, but over time, they're also turning off a number of former regular customers... and those same customers are returning the favor and turning them off...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

there is a really easy solution.....keep your TV off QVC and return to B&M stores or internet for shopping.

Personally, yes, I've opted to pretty much leave the QVC fold... Still, that doesn't mean I can't let them know why... I don't expect them to dance to my tune, but then again, they can't expect me to dance to theirs.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I saw most of this show last night.  The way she started the show out, walking across the set made me think she is trying to mimic Shawn and her shows.  Just don't care for her as a host.  Same goes for Shawn.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I think the decisions made by TPTB at QVC are largely made by their evaluation of host metrics. They know, to the dollar, which host sells the most for any given product and line and which hours of the day have the highest and lowest sales. They base their decisions on what will have the greatest chance to improve the bottom line. They don't blink an eye at what forum posters say about liking or not liking a host or vendor, all they pay attention to is if that host generated sales and more sales.

I don't watch a particular host, but I don't think my not watching has resulted in a noticeable dent in her sales volume.

I think you're probably right @MaggieMack. Unfortunately, I also agree that I am completely flummoxed to figure out how and why the Q opted to give the hosts they did the chance to garner big sales figures... With just a few excpetions, I don't like any of the current crop of Q "It Girls" and that's a big reason I no longer watch. You have to wonder if it ever occurred to them how much sales might rise with hosts people actually like, not even to mention with fresher and more diverse merchandise. They're stuck in a rut because they're playing it safe and that might work for them for a while, but over time, they're also turning off a number of former regular customers... and those same customers are returning the favor and turning them off...

-------------------------

Exactly!!!  Years ago, I had the Q on for many hours.  I enjoyed the presentations and the products. Now, I hardly watch the Q anymore.  I check thru when watching other shows, but rarely stop to watch an entire show. The products are stale and repetitive.  So many of the hosts are so self absorbed and use poor presentation techniques.  I am sure that they are all nice, wonderful people, but some really need advanced courses in best presentation skills. 

Please hosts - no silly words; no family stories; no religious sentiments; refrain from watching self in monitor; refrain from interrupting others; give product information before any distracting behavior etc.  I could go on and on...   If you hosts feel you must share personal info, use the blog format, that is its purpose!! 

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

All the whining & bashing over hosts, vendors, shows, items! It seems to be a predominant theme on this board esp by the same posters, over and over and over. That to me is more of a bore than anything Q is doing or not doing.

It's like a low level annoying buzz.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

You sure do spend a lot of time worrying about QVC hosts and past hosts. 

Honored Contributor

Good for Kerstin. She must be doing well.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Good for Kerstin. She must be doing well.

I have a feeling that Kirsten is very adept at playing office politics, thus her fast rise to the top of the Q food chain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment