Trusted Contributor

Re: ANOTHER New Show for KERSTIN??

I tuned into The Shop last night because I was curious, and I was not impressed.  Same old, same old.  She doesn't come across as a warm person, and sometimes she's a little abrupt. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Raider Fan wrote:

I have never cared for her. I do agree with most of the negative comments made here. Like many of you I like most of the "seasoned" hosts and I do like the new women, Katie and Elise. I actually do change the channel when Kerstin is on. I wonder why the Q thinks she is so wonderful. 

I agree....and turn the channel too....must be "connections"

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I keep thinking the Q is offering a new show with a new name and with new products. Uh, uh. Same old products with a new name....

the find, the shop -  imitations of "the list" mayhaps -  but without the sizzle in terms of product line up.

Esteemed Contributor

It's strange - I only see her on Saturday Morning Q and I find that I don't dislike her/she seems pleasant enough, yet, if somebody asked me, I would probably say I don't like her. So, I absolutely understand the comments made about her. I think she is more watchable than Shawn. Just don't ask me about Rachel...

Kerstin was in the right place at the (unfortunately) right time. She was only 3rd wheel on SMQ - doing Internet chat and Fitness Corner. It was a good gig with high profile, popular hosts. Then Shawn had to take time off, and the rest is history. Heck, some people probably thought they were still watching Shawn!
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

For fashion I prefer Amy, Pat, Jayne, Carolyn, Leah, and Courtney.

IMO, the others don't radiate the warmth that this group do.  I like the others, this group seems to be the most fashion forward and have more knowledge of fabrics, finishes, and terms.

The remaining ladies seem to love the jewelry and other items.

I agree!  And IMO, Gabrielle for fashion too Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I keep thinking the Q is offering a new show with a new name and with new products. Uh, uh. Same old products with a new name....

the find, the shop -  imitations of "the list" mayhaps -  but without the sizzle in terms of product line up.

@I agree. Even GILI came from Colleen Lopez @ HSN. A Creative Director would help....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alliswell wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

For fashion I prefer Amy, Pat, Jayne, Carolyn, Leah, and Courtney.

IMO, the others don't radiate the warmth that this group do.  I like the others, this group seems to be the most fashion forward and have more knowledge of fabrics, finishes, and terms.

The remaining ladies seem to love the jewelry and other items.

I agree!  And IMO, Gabrielle for fashion too Smiley Happy

I like all of the above, except, I cannot take the over the top combination of the southern/valley girl performances of one host.  She may be a very lovely woman, but every single presentation is an audition for her own YouTube variety show.  She has even used an extremely unfortunate slang word on air by mistake once because she gets so wound up in her own world (the vendor looked like her eyes were going to pop out in shock).  I can never watch an entire presentation.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I think she loves herself.... she is always looking at herself in the monitor and trying to get her best angle. She acts just so phony nice. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think the decisions made by TPTB at QVC are largely made by their evaluation of host metrics. They know, to the dollar, which host sells the most for any given product and line and which hours of the day have the highest and lowest sales. They base their decisions on what will have the greatest chance to improve the bottom line. They don't blink an eye at what forum posters say about liking or not liking a host or vendor, all they pay attention to is if that host generated sales and more sales.

I don't watch a particular host, but I don't think my not watching has resulted in a noticeable dent in her sales volume.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop