Super Contributor

ANGEL AND QUACKER FACTORY CLOTHING

I got bogged down with a lap full of paperwork and no remote while Quacker Factory was on between 5:00-6:00 a.m. Oi, what a disturbing show. It made me seriously long for Jeanne Bice and days of old.

I realize that EVERYBODY is a huge fan of Angel and the Quacker line, so if you are , please stop reading about here.

I just don't know what is happening to this line of clothing ! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Super Contributor

Re: ANGEL AND QUACKER FACTORY CLOTHING

I feel like Jeanne might about now be spinning in her grave, may she R.I.P. I see nothing left of her dreams and vision represented in the line of clothing today. Gone are all of the cute embroidered shirts and tops, the pretty little embroidered and decorated little seasonal scenes, etc. Also the often cute little imprint on the back shoulder or bottom of the garment for interest.

What took place this morning was a parade of what looked like the explosion of the 4th of July fireworks gone awry. I have never seen so many outfits overloaded with glitter, sparkle, rhinestones out of the keester, any shiny object that could be sewn , glued, or tacked on.

Sadly, not just a small amount to showcase a picture, idea or theme, but an overwhelming amount of gaudy sparkle and shine everywhere, coming or going! Every single outfit modeled was aglow. I couldn't help but think that even those who like this and buy it certainly wouldn't want an entire closet of these things, would they ??? So if QF doesn't offer alternative items, they are obviously setting themselves up for fewer sales. I can't imagine opening up my closet before several cups of coffee and having the equivalent of the aurora borealis emanating from my coat hangers every morning upon opening my closet doors to determine my clothing for the day.

I just don't think Jeanne would have gone in this direction. I know that Angel doesn't design the clothes herself, but does work very tightly with the design team and Nancy (isn't that her name, I forgot?) and I'm sure that Angel's input is strongly the reason these clothes are taking on this look. She seems to be very pleased with it as she discusses the ways and reasons of these various looks. This morning they brought out some new solid colored leggings, and before I looked up I thought, well perhaps I might enjoy those.

I should have known better, because every pair had a solid line down the side of the legs of rhinestones !! On leggings !! On both sides !! Mind you, these were not the more formal type of Hollywood-style Tuxedo looking leggings, but the kind you might wear with sweatshirts !!

Everything that came out after that was a'glitter and a'glow. Alot !

If you bought more than one or two pieces per season your closet would look like Santa's workshop at Christmas !

I feel like I could get more dressy casual or sophisticated clothes at Wal-Mart these days.

Needless to say, I'm no longer purchasing QF, and I do miss Jeanne's inspirations.

I also don't think it bode well for Angel to be sitting there eating sweet rolls and cinnamon buns, etc. while the host did not. Perhaps if she must dine at the table, it would help America better if she ate a healthier fare.

She also spent a little too much time trying to teach the host and models how to perfect her karate kick. Why is that necessary to show that the clothes expand? Arm movements have nothing to do with pants, Angel.

Compared to other vendors, I just don't think Angel has the je ne sais quoi to do this line justice for those who live in residential homes.

I do not dislike her, and I do think she is kind and friendly. I just don't think a clothing line is her niche.

Finished my paperwork and got up and located my remote from another room. Believe I just watched my last QF show.

Blessings.

Honored Contributor

I agree - I am also not a fan of all the sequins. Also, the quality is lacking now as well.

New Contributor

I completely agree with you. It was a little disheartening to watch Angel do most of the talking. The host tried his best to be polite and let her rattle on, but it was not pleasant to watch. I really did feel bad for him. And I wish she would leave the models alone and let them do their jobs. They are professionals and do not need her help. Please Angel, stay away from the models!!!! Nuf said.

Super Contributor

I like Angel. I think she's doing a great job. Quacker Factory is one of the few shows I even bother to watch. The shows are a lot of fun.

Occasional Contributor

I think Angel is doing a great job! I love the line and always receive many compliments on my outfits! Jeanne always said to sparkle and shine ladies! Angel,keep up your good work!
Super Contributor

I have been burned by QF through the years. Mainly my issue has been 100% cotton on the tees. They shrink in odd places, and I take good care of my clothes. But I did buy 2 tops this past Spring that had embroidery on them and was very careful with them. I got a lot of compliments because they are so different.

I also feel uncomfortable for Angel. She gets nervous, I think, and starts talking and talking. Surely one of the old timers or her model friends could have her watch a video and assess that she's talking too much. Also, the munching and treat table needs to stop.

Super Contributor

I totally agree with every post above this one. I never said Angel wasn't doing the job or the show wasn't fun.

I think the sequins and glitter are too much being on every single clothing item and in large doses instead of just a small smattering.

Also, on this show Angel was lucky enough to have Alberti as a host, and he is very capable of talking fashion. She totally manipulated the conversation, talking non-stop over him. I never even spoke to that issue, but noted it often. I do agree with murphieann about it as I was trying to listen to him as I find him very informative. I would rather have heard him than her. I also agree that she spent too much time conversing with the models about things not pertaining to their job. The karate kick, (BTW which she does not do correctly), need not involve the arm motions she was trying to teach everyone as it shouldn't have anything to do with the stretchability of PANTS !

Bluegrassbaby, I think your last paragraph sums up exactly what I was wanting to convey what Jeanne Bice's direction and dream was for this line, and how sad I am that it certainly has fallen by the wayside on this point.

Angel is very knowledgeable about the product and does appear to be very hands on. I can not discredit her in any way about her job commitment NOR would I want to. My concern more is the design and look now of the Quacker Factory clothing. Too much sparkle can be a bad thing. I think Jeanne knew when enough was enough !

Respected Contributor

I could not disagree more with the OP. Yes, I purchased a shirt from the first QF show so been around for awhile. Fashion styles change over time and QF has had to also. Now many clothing lines has sequins or embroidery. Personally, I no longer like the medallion placement of design. As with most things it's all about choice. QF has many styles in the line.

Occasional Contributor

If you notice,bluegrass baby,that post was first dated in March!