Trusted Contributor

Re: AMY IS ADORABLE-NOT SO MUCH THE HAIR

I thought it looked really cute that way.

It's not as though she has to wear it that way every day, she can still wear it in a softer style if she wants to, but I thought it looked good on her, and I really prefer the bangs to the longer sides of hair she used to have that just sort of flopped there.

I like hair that looks as if it has a really good cut, and I'm starting to see that kind of look again, shorter and neater and crisper than the look of the past decade(s).

I've had enough of the sloppy "choppy" look, and the long "beachy" waves parted in the middle.

Trusted Contributor

I love her hair that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Just my personal opinion, but although I think Amy is a very pretty girl, and she has a beautiful smile, her "edginess" and "cutting edge" styles just don't translate to the majority of women in this country, who are (heaven forbid) just ordinary everyday women who like to look good in their own style, what fits them and their personalities. True "style" is different from just always being trendy, whether it's haircuts or clothing.

Trusted Contributor

I love hair style changes. I used to change my hair constantly and you can't please everyone all the time. It's fun to change styles and colors. Amy is too young to be wearing the same conservative style all the time. She can wear her hair that way - it's beautiful on her.

Trusted Contributor

I think Amy is very cute, but I'm not loving the hair. Maybe she just doesn't have "good" hair and it's hard to find a style that's an attractive one for her.

Honored Contributor

Many folks don't know about using Asian instead of Or*ental. I didn't, a few years ago, and haven't used it since I was corrected back then. I'm sure no harm was meant by posters here. Sometimes people just think/know of 'The Orient' or the very famous Orient Express Train, etc. from what we learned in middle school, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I like the more even cut. I'm not used to seeing her previous look, around here, anyway. I know, hairstyles are sometimes very regional, etc. What's 'in style' somewhere may not be 'in style' in other places. But, I'll have to look around more closely, to 'See what's happening'....... Anyway, I love her new look. If she lets it grow a bit more, she can wear it in many other ways/styles.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

On 3/10/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

Many folks don't know about using Asian instead of Or*ental. I didn't, a few years ago, and haven't used it since I was corrected back then. I'm sure no harm was meant by posters here. Sometimes people just think/know of 'The Orient' or the famous Orient/Oriental Express Train, etc. from what we learned in middle school, etc.

I agree completely with your post.

Even though, for years, I worked in the social services field, dealing with lots of different kinds of people, and should have been aware of every change in linguistics, I wasn't attuned to the difference between Asian and Oriental. Once I realized, I always used the terms correctly, but I still hear them misused....I don't think there is any intentional harm.

It's important to recognize these things and do the correct thing, but often I think we take the sensitivity too far, and in a strange way it fosters bad feelings and stirs things up.

It's also hard not to revert to past practice. Sometimes I hear myself say "American Indian" instead of Native American and I realize what I've said wrong, but that's what we said for a long time way back then.

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

With her cool almond shaped eyes, the spikey hair looked really good. I always loved her edgy look. I want to get a pair of those fuchsia colored heels. I had a pair once, and don't know what I did with themSmiley Sad

ITA and was going to suggest a pixie cut.

Re shoes: I found a beautiful pair of Bandolino fuchsia pumps on ebay. NWOT. I have a narrow foot and they fit perfectly. I think that's why they were up for sale. Oh, here's the kicker: $17+change total. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

BlueRoses47: Yes, very true. I edited/corrected my post. It's 'The Orient Express Train'. (Well, maybe the name has changed in all of these years later). Like your nic, BTW. Used to pass by beautiful blue and lavender/violet/purple roses on Summer vacations years ago.