Honored Contributor

Re: AMS STYLE CHAT 10/1/22

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   I have a really old chenille bedspread, white background with lovely colorful tufted fleurs. My mom had this one, I had it drycleaned years ago. I've never used it yet on either the twin or the full beds in spare rooms. I need to do this next spring, it's really quite lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wearing a Stan Herman long robe right now ... it sure looks like the material in the TSV, but I confess I don't know what chenille is.  I know my robe is warm and cozy.

Super Contributor

Belated Good Morning!   Chenille Bedspeads....you are taking me back now.  Can remember you couldn't sit on them if wearing wool skirt/dress/slacks as they would be filled with fabric fuzzies!!

Spent the last 2 weeks in No Myrtle Beach with beautiful, sunny weather and low humidity...a rarity for sure.  Came home to a high temp. of 62 days!  Won't complain as our friends in SC and NC have issues after the storm blew through.  Walked the Cherry Grove Pier on Monday and it was blown apart yesterday.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

This style may not be for everyone... my niece gifted me this for Christmas 2020.

I have to say that when I run cold on a winter's night, this thing really works for me.  I don't like capes in general - I don't want to have to fuss with a garment after I put it on.  Given the choice between a cape and bed jacket, I would probably go with a bed jacket.

@Bird mama 

I would feel like bugs were crawling all over me with that. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen  We have a friend who's mom lives on Sanibel Island. She & her husband left to go farther inland with their dog and two cars. Well we know what happened here, no bridge to now get back to see what may have happened to their newly very pricey reno they did on their house and property. I heard they had a drone buzz the place and saw that the roof is still on the place, no telling how or when they'll actually get back to their place.  

It's nice to reside on a beach on an island but then at times Mother Nature takes over to tell us why we should not do this.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I have very tactile skin and cannot sleep under anything but cotton.  I order my nightgowns from Vermont country store (usually Eileen).

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD     Oh, my.....Sanibel and Ft Meyers are really in bad shape.  Reminder to all of us to open our checkbooks and try to make a difference for our fellow Americans.  They really need our help.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@1 DancinQueen  We have a friend who's mom lives on Sanibel Island. She & her husband left to go farther inland with their dog and two cars. Well we know what happened here, no bridge to now get back to see what may have happened to their newly very pricey reno they did on their house and property. I heard they had a drone buzz the place and saw that the roof is still on the place, no telling how or when they'll actually get back to their place.  

It's nice to reside on a beach on an island but then at times Mother Nature takes over to tell us why we should not do this.

@PINKdogWOOD 

and everyone was criticizing DeSantis for closing bridges right before the hurricane.  He likely knew that with that wind force and rain surge, as told to him by engineers, that this could happen.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning.

It's raining where I live in E PA, and is currently 50 degrees.