Honored Contributor

Re: AMS Live Chat, 7:00, 5/7

These are my chairs

Costway Brown Metal Folding Lawn Chair (Set of 2) OP70712-2

This is the table I'm waiting for

Costway Brown Rectangle Wicker Outdoor Folding Side Table Coffee Table  HW63889

I'm tired of items that stack so I sought out pieces that fold.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Funny you should mention adirondack chairs @Bird mama  ... I mentioned to my son that I needed one for the front porch (several of my neighbors have them --- the original heavy wooden ones, not the plastic); but that the way things are these days, someone would probably sneak up at night and steal it.   

I have a feeling that he's going to get me one for Mother's Day and then I'll be stuck worrying about whether it'll still be there the next morning.  So ... I'm hoping I'm wrong and that he doesn't get it ... it's a sorry state of affairs when you have to worry about stuff like this.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono @Teddixat 

Good morning to all!

Nice to see you @lolakimono 

Is school nearly coming to a close?

@LTT1 

You're kidding, right?

I am in school until June 27.

Thud.

Bring the smelling salts.

@lolakimono I work for a program that identifies preschool students for special education services including transitioning students from birth to three programs to school based services so I work year round. However I do not have to work full time between June 13 and August 19 and since we started using zoom for eligibility meetings I can work from my beach house for a couple weeks in June and August. 

Honored Contributor

Somewhere I missd your post about moving @Desert Lily . Details about your new digs?

Super Contributor

@SoX  @Bird mama     Agree with you, SoX....Let's plan a deck party at Bird mama's place....Sounds all new and spiffy outside at your place.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Funny you should mention adirondack chairs @Bird mama  ... I mentioned to my son that I needed one for the front porch (several of my neighbors have them --- the original heavy wooden ones, not the plastic); but that the way things are these days, someone would probably sneak up at night and steal it.   

I have a feeling that he's going to get me one for Mother's Day and then I'll be stuck worrying about whether it'll still be there the next morning.  So ... I'm hoping I'm wrong and that he doesn't get it ... it's a sorry state of affairs when you have to worry about stuff like this.

@SoX    Just a thought. We have porch rockers along the front porch. DH has them chained down (almost invisible) to the brick wall of the porch with tiny "O" hooks. We had the hook there to attach Molly as a puppy when we sat outside. Then the idea came to him a few yrs. ago when the porch pirates became "a thing".

Honored Contributor

@SoX  You are not alone in thinking about that kind of thing.  There was a time you could put things out front and not worry about it.  I'm talking about when I was a kid in Detroit.  Over time, like most urban environments, if it wasn't nailed down, don't count on it being there.  I moved into the suburbs when I was 39 years old.  I was conditioned to deck out the fenced backyard and not put things of value in my front yard or on my front porch.  My husband thought I was crazy.  Hey when they started snatching the Jesus babies out of Nativity displays in folks front yards I told him, yea who is crazy now.  

I had to deal with street curb parking from the time I was 16 until I moved.  I love having a garage so much you would never know I am home.  I don't even leave my car in the double wide driveway.  You can take the girl out of the city but not the city out of the girl.  For a few years a real estate agent put a small American flag on the corner of everyone's front yard grass (it was a promotion).  It looked so pretty seeing a little flag up and down the block.  A few years in, I watched a kid walk down the sidewalk and kick each flag down.  When he did mine, I ran up on him, lol, and put my flag back in the grass and said don't do it again.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Can you believe this rain - when it is going to STOP???!!!  I don't even know what sunshine looks like anymore! SO SO SO stinking tired of all the rain we've been having. We have mud puddles in our backyard that's calling to us for some mulch, pine needles or something. Yes this time of season, I do LOVE 50+ shades of GREEN with everything coming alive again. However, the rain is not allowing up to get outside, take a deep breath, sit on the patio and just enjoy.

Honored Contributor

YES!!!!!!!!!!  @1 DancinQueen   They're calling for lots o'SUN beginning tomorrow in fact into all of next week. But let's face it, the forecast they give us today somehow totally changes tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out how that can even happen but it does.

SUNSHINE for a week????????????????  BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen   Your post reminds me of many years agoo when Steve was the spokesguy for Clarks. We all loved Steve but then he had been promoted to something else at Clark's and they took him away from us and gave us Amy. I still miss Steve, he was great rep for this brand.

For me, I don't like this pr of sandals, don't like the style.