Respected Contributor

Re: AMS Live Chat, 7:00, 5/15

Good morning!

@lolakimono  I like the denim jacket you posted on another thread. I wish it was cool enough here to wear it these days.

I'm glad it looks like a nice day in your area @LTT1 .  It will be in the low 90's here today but downright windy this afternoon. The wind will be sweeping out the 90's and ushering in the 80's for a day or 2, so bring on the wind.

The pants & the pedal pushers looked pretty tight. As a rule, I always order up a size in pants when possible to have a looser fit. Leggings can be a shapewear fit for me but not pants.

On Monday morning, I'm having 2 repairmen in to redo a couple things I had done around the house last week. Then I'm dashing to my phone to contact the realtor to come over before I spot some other small thing that could be updated.

I've been debating about buying a dresser that matches 2 chests that I bought right before the pandemic. I might use the new bedroom set & keep the one my mom bought me in an extra bedroom. I plan on putting the TV on the dresser because it's nice & long, with extra style storage in the drawers. I'll buy the dresser, but the availability date might not be until after I sell my house. It's a matter of timing.

Late next week, I'm taking the dog in for her teeth cleaning and vaccines. I'd like to get the car washed but haven't wanted anyone inside the car wiping it down. And, I'm planning on actually going inside the grocery store on a senior morning for the 1st time in over 14 months.

Change is in the air.

Honored Contributor

more lounge wear

changes channel

who actually has loungewear?

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Good to "see" you.  Does your dresser come from a national chain?  If so, I would NOT buy it before a cross country move.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  It's from Macy's. The availability date seems to change every other day for my current zip code and for the zip codes I hope to move to.

Valued Contributor

Lola, after your week, I would make the drive and get the jewelery.  Treat yourself, make it a nice relaxing drive, maybe lunch out !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  I also want to buy another adjustable bed frame and mattress. Most mattresses these days that work in those frames are delivered directly to the house in a box. Not sure that I'd want to deal with moving the mattress or tearing down the box.

I'm going to buy an upholstered living room chair that will also come in a box and will need assembly. I bought a chair that way before the pandemic, and the allen wrench that came with it for assembly is still stuck inside the chair! LOL. I'm definitely not good at assembling furniture.

Regular Contributor

@lolakimono   Love seeing your Pros and Cons.....Exactly what goes on in my head, too.  Big decision after quarantine about getting dressed to go out!!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Cannot wait to see pictures of the jewelry! Cannot wait to receive mine from AZ!

@Desert Lily 

Wish I could give tips about the move... all I can think about is how much I have appreciated a few items that I purchased within the last few years as updated, versatile pieces! The bed mattress is old; was in DDs room; and it is my favorite! Also, I'm using her dresser, which is actually a small white armoire!

I will sign off for now and wish everyone a great week ahead.

Will probably drop in tomorrow for a few...there is often a fashion show on Sunday too!

Thanks for the chat all!❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Here is the jewelry thread, for those who are interested.  I took @fbm8282lsm 's advice and picked it up today.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Jewelry/A-Sweet-Vintage-quot-Suite-quot/m-p/6926096#M153406

Honored Contributor

Just popping in to say hi, I am continuing to progress. My chronic headache is still with me even though I have been through one Botox treatment already have a second one due in June.

I am getting out more going to dinner tonight to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary which is tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses all, Ellen out 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.