Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMS Live Chat 4/11 7:00am

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 

This will be my first Tolani from the Q, which probably runs much larger than B&M stores ... I have a couple from NM from a few years ago and the sizing is quite generous.

Everything I've received from H by Halston line here is top quality ... I would hope Cameron keeps coming back ... you know how much I love him!

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Bitsy looks amazing!  I haven't seen her in a while. 

Honored Contributor

I will be signing off now, need to get myself convinced to start working on the door and window frames in the guest room, filling divets in with wood putty, sanding them lightly so the fresh paint will stick properly. This is a slow process, or maybe I'm just slow, lol, either way, it's gonna take some time.
It's been nice chatting with everyone.
Enjoy Easter, even though it's different this year.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I think I'm gonna go too.  Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone!  I haven't been on the forums much lately but I wanted to check in with everyone today.

@LTT1 

Congratulations on the move.  I'm sure that you will enjoy being closer to your family!

@lolakimono 

Those scarves are so pretty especially the first one.  I saw where your car window was busted out and your car ransacked!  I am so sorry.  What a terrible thing to have to deal with especially with everything closed.  Do you have your car back yet?  How is virtual teaching going?  There were times earlier this school year when I wondered if I should have retired and now with all of this chaos of virtual teaching I am so glad I did.  My heart goes out to you and all my teacher friends and I really hate it for the seniors who won't get to graduate and have a prom.  That is such disappointment for them.  One of those rights of passage in our society.  

@Bird mama 

Every morning these two geese circle over our house honking and land on the neighbor's pond!   And I have been hearing owls in the woods across the road.

@i am still oxox

I ordered two pairs of the beach pants- black and the turquoise.  I hope I like them.

@Greeneyedlady21 

I've been thinking about you and hope that you are hanging in there.  I know that you struggle with depression.  The other day it started to rain and the sun was shining; I went outside and sure enough there was a rainbow!  I took it as a promise that everything was going to be alright.  

We are having a really pretty spring here in Tennessee. ( I saw that some places in Maine had 20 inches of snow.  ugh! ) The daffodils and tulips are gone and now my iris are starting to bloom.  There are even a few roses about to bloom.  Gardeners in the south have to get their gardens and flowers in usually before the middle of May.  If you wait too long then it gets too hot.  We are having what we call "dogwood winter" here in Tennessee.  There was frost last night but warming up today and chances of bad storms tomorrow.  All of the garden centers are busy.  There are blocked entrances and plexiglass separating customers from the associates.  It seems strange to see people wearing masks; I don't have any masks but wear disposable gloves and carry hand sanitizer with me and wipes.  Tennessee has not been as hard hit as other states.  I think we are all ready to get back to a "normal" life.  My husband is still working; he works in a chemical company and it is considered essential.  We have been trying to do some work around our house and he plowed our garden this week.  We got a load of chicken litter from our neighbor!  Stinky stuff but good fertilizer. Woman Tongue  Since we can't go many places, we have been taking long rides in the mountains and realize how fortunate we are.  I hate to hear about these poor people and whole families stuck in small apartments and unable or even afraid to go outside.  It just seems unreal.  We miss going to church and seeing friends and family.  Easter will seem strange tomorrow.  Perhaps, when this is all over we will have a new appreciation for things.  Well, that's enough philosophizing from me!!! Woman Wink

Stay well everyone and be safe.  Happy Easter and Blessed Passover to everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@lolakimono 

Those scarves are so pretty especially the first one.  I saw where your car window was busted out and your car ransacked!  I am so sorry.  What a terrible thing to have to deal with especially with everything closed.  Do you have your car back yet?  How is virtual teaching going?  There were times earlier this school year when I wondered if I should have retired and now with all of this chaos of virtual teaching I am so glad I did.  My heart goes out to you and all my teacher friends and I really hate it for the seniors who won't get to graduate and have a prom.  That is such disappointment for them.  One of those rights of passage in our society.  

@Tennesseegal 

Hello, yes they shattered my window and stole my airbag.  It was a PITA because with the no contact, everything is different.  It happened on Monday and I had the car back by Wednesday.  The insurance company cut the check to me and to the dealer, so surprisingly they actually released the car to me while the check was "in the mail" and I drove back the next Tuesday to co-sign it so they could get paid.

My "stimulus" check, whatever there might be, will be used towards the $500 it cost me for my deductible and the ordering of a new Ring camera system.  

Virtual teaching was a bit silly this week.  The expectation is that we post the week's assignments on Monday, with a Sunday due date.  However, only ONE assessment is graded each week, the other work is "optional."  We are on spring break (Thurs.-Mon.) so by the time we sign in again it will be the next week's assignment. I only had a handful of students out of five classes complete any work.  Some still don't have a device, so I'm not sure how this is going to go in the long run.  

My prediction is that we are out the rest of the year.  There are other schools that have flat out canceled all events for the remainder of the year, but we haven't heard anything.  Even if we are NOT back in school, I would be surprised if they did anything about graduation. I don't know if students even ordered their gowns in time.  I would not be surprised to learn that after all of these "rules" have been in place, that they switch to pass/fail for the last quarter.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm heading out, too ...

Today, my binge  watching will be the early 007 movies with Sean Connery.

Happy, safe holiday weekend, everyone!

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

Honored Contributor

@SoX @lolakimono @Tennesseegal @Bird mama @Snicks1 

Looking at sofas...which is more comfortable... straight arms or sloping arms? Any ideas?

531A9441-D5AE-455E-9F7C-2CAAA4D34B7C.jpeg'Big sur straight lines

14D32CC6-1335-4FB2-95C3-8401DA8B6E91.png

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

This might be the most boring AMS yet.

I woke up to a bra.

Transitioned to battery acid cleanser.

Moved onto croissants.

What's next?