Respected Contributor

@SoX  I upload my novels to Kindle but I'm not allowed to mention their titles or my pen name on these boards because I'd receive royalty $, so it would be like advertising.

This will be the 12th one I've written. I'm compelled.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone buy the HSN TS DG2 coated/faux leather slim pants?

I like the dark olive and the pumpkin pie colors, but they look tight or revealing, especially at the knee in the lighter colors on the models.

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  I didn't order them.  When I read 'coated' I think how long before the coating splits or peels, especially when the channel almost advocates ordering them in a size smaller than one probably should.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   They are presenting them as faux leather, then why not call them faux leather?  That stopped me from ordering them (I like the espresso color).  What's the deal with coated knit?  Most faux leather now is stretchable.  Or, is that what all faux leather really is -- coated knit?

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  idk. I might watch another presentation. I want a close look at the fabric. I've seen other faux leathers that have a little shine to them.

The TS DG2's are made of:

83% polyester/15% spandex/2% polyurethane

These are NYDJ's faux leather pants at the Q. They're made of 88% polyester and 12% elastane faux leather. I'm assuming that these also stretch with the elastine.

image.png

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMS CHAT OCT 8, 22

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily 

Without divulging titles or your pen name, what's the genre?  I've found that lately I've begun to love Linda Castillo's Amish novels.  

Respected Contributor

@SoX  Mostly, I like to write historical fiction and what's sometimes called Chick Lit (novels that deal with women's experiences). I wrote one novel set in the 1930's, then wrote a sequel to it, and then wrote a prequel - the main character in that series was a man though. I like the research for settings in history but haven't gone back further than 1905, just before the San Francisco earthquake.

One of the books I wrote is set in the 1980's, and another one is more generic & could be a contemporary setting. I also wrote a saga that follows a woman whose parents came through Ellis Island. - And then a sequel. I guess those 2 were about women's place in society evolving along with world events; micro events = macro events maybe. I don't make an obvious point of themes; it's in there if the reader wants it.

I think the thing that runs through all of my writing thus far is a little bit of quirkiness or whimsy or tongue-in-cheek. But there are times when I'm writing a tragic event for a character, and I end up shedding a few tears - go figure. Other times, I've written about a scary event and then can't sleep at night.  

The book I'm writing now has a setting a few years from now. It may end as a dystopian novel Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I did a quick search on Google Books, but didn't turn up anything based on your description of the Ellis Island novel ... sounds so interesting.  Actually, they all do ... you must be an excellent writer.

On a fashion note ... saw this on Sundance this morning ... they are having a 30% off sale on the Outlet site ... I love it.

Respected Contributor

@SoX  You have great taste! I have a teddy coat in that exact same color. The sleeves on mine are a little narrower, and it's lined. It's toasty warm and a good casual. I hope you get the jacket because I think you'll enjoy it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMS CHAT OCT 8, 22

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily 

Already ordered ... I'm a bad, bad girl!   

One reviewer says the lining is gorgeous ... can't tell from the photo though ...