Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style in the Garden? Chat

Pendleton's FandF sale going on now ... 

Pendleton Harding Archive Blanket Coat Bronze — Aggregate Supply

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning.........watching Pat and Dan.  So good to see them together, great chemistry.  Love that jacket Pat has on.  Going to try to see if it is a Q item or her own.

Supposed to be 80 deg today and tomorrow, then back to "winter" on Mon.  Welcome sun and warmth!!

Have a good day everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily  .... waiting with bated breath to hear about the big move!

Honored Contributor

Well I just got off of the phone freezing my VISA card and asking for a new one with a new number.  You know, I appreciate that companies want to offshore their customer service however communication gets a little dicey.  The lady I spoke with had a barking dog in the background, it was kind of funny.

I got a call, actually a message since I don't answer numbers I don't recognize from Shure.  This is a company that makes microphones and podcasting equipment.  I don't know if this was a phishing, scamming scheme or what.  Since they knew my first and last name that's all I gave them back when I called.

Guy says he's confirming an order.  I say there is no order.  He says you sure noone in your family ordered?  I said no order.  I ask what triggered him to call me.  He said there must have been a reason.  I said, yea I would think so, what was it?  I ask for method of payment.  He gives last 4 digits of a legitimate card in my name.  I don't react.  I ask for address.  He says he'll see if he can give me that.  Then says he can't give me that.  I say, no order placed thanks for the courtesy call.

Call VISA this morning because I was still feeling some kind of way.  Report fraud attempt.  Lady asks about disputed transaction.  Said, it was stopped before transaction happened - explained Shure situation and said, I want a new credit card with new number on it.  She says let's go through transactions.  i say, I'll give you the transaction and you tell me if you see something different.  Then I asked do you have a fraud dept - maybe I should be talking to someone else.  I want you to kill this card number and send me a new card with a new number Woman Mad

Father God - you would think these companies would be pleased that cardmembers are concerned.  Honestly.  I have this card number memorized and now I'll be starting from scratch so it's not like I was in a hurry to do this.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning!

@Bird mama  Very pretty spring tops!

@SoX  That coat you posted is divine!

I arrived in PA, checked out of the hotel, closed on the house, and am camping out in my new digs. My little dog was much less stressed than me.

During my career as a Buyer, I traveled a lot. It had been a few years since I stayed in a nice hotel until I came here. When I was young and in that career, I occasionally considered moving into a top hotel as a friend of mine had; cleaning is done for you, cooking is done for you (room service too), only one major bill to pay (no utility bills to be bothered with), restaurants, happy hours, interesting people coming & going etc. Here I am getting old and thinking again that I could get used to that! LOL.

My belongings won't arrived until at least the end of the month. I sent myself a few boxes of necessities from home, am sleeping on an airbed, had groceries delivered the 2nd day when my refrigerator was installed, etc. Without any window coverings, I get up at sunrise and go to bed at sunset Lol. It took a couple days, but I've been reconnected electronically to the rest of the world.

The only thing I'm hesitant on at this point is driving because I'm clueless about where things are. I downloaded the Waze app on my phone, but I've gotten lost in new places in the past - funny, it never bothered me when I was young. I've Ubered my way to a few places so far, but will push myself to drive in the next week or 2 when I'll hopefully feel more comfortable with it - or bored staying at home.

I had such anxiety while preparing to move, but now I'm starting to think that I had real guts. I'm glad I did it.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

New Home And Good Luck. Free New Home eCards, Greeting Cards | 123 Greetings

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Congrats Flowers Vibrant Congratulations Greeting Card - Sunnyside Gifts

So glad you're HOME ... although I could get used to living at the Four Seasons, too!

Respected Contributor

I was in a little temperature shock from west coast weather to east coast weather, so this week I ordered and received this cardigan from Target that was on sale for $21.

image.png

Honored Contributor

That sweater is pretty @Desert Lily 

Honored Contributor

It just hit me that I killed the credit card that is on file for the next couple of easy pays here.  Whoo - that would have been embarassing come Monday when they tried to charge me for a Campanelli cleaning item.  I updated the payment method, lol.