Trusted Contributor

Looking at the Sky pool, I thought about my recent visit to the Georgia Aquarium. They have an enoromous tank that houses the whale sharks and lots of other sea creatures.

You walk under the tank at one point and can see the fish swimming over your head. You end up in a room that is as tall as a movie theatre screen that is nothing but glass. It is really something to "sea"!

They explained the technology that allowed them to seam together the huge panes of glass. A firm in Japan "glues" it somehow. It really is a marvel that they can do that.

When I was standing there, I kept thinking about what would happen if it sprung a leak!

I imagine that pool is constructed using similar technology. Amazing!

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday, Birdmama!  I hope you have a wonderful year ahead (good luck and good health).

Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style chat Aug 22

[ Edited ]

@Lyn08  I updated my post on how to search... use the words "Vera Bradley Crossbody Messenger Computer" and it will weed out some choices that are not big enough for computers.

Yes, this one is available...  it is "Picadilly Plum" (the pattern)  There is also the same pattern in navy ("Windsor Navy") and a very less expensive one but nice condition (from the pictures) in "Nantucket Navy."

Remember... if the seller claims it is in "very good pre-owned condition" and you are not satisfied, it is very simple to return... save the packing materials and eBay sends you a return label to print... no questions asked.  Also, on the computer for the returns page, choose "item not as described"  this way, you are protected.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Another picture... this is really such a WOW

And would love to see the aquarium in GA

Honored Contributor

LEXI wears leggings... maybe she needs the Lizden poncho, too!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  

There are more pictures of the pool in London as well as lots of other "scary" choices LOL under the category "sky pools."  It would be scary to swim in something like this, but also really exciting!

I hope you enjoy your outing for your birthday with your sister... you are so good to her!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

house_cat  didn't you know "layering and layers" are huge buzz words on the Q :-), said when selling TT, or Valeries stuff or jewelry  and clothing

layer in it 

I am schvitzing just watching

This made me laugh! I haven't heard that word since I moved from NY!  I agree, by the way.

I'm just happy not to hear "color blocking" every other word - although I usually watch with the t.v. on mute, so it really wouldn't matter.

♥☺  will try to use more yiddish-isms for you then

Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style chat Aug 22

[ Edited ]

@house_cat How wonderful that your DH works with these young men!  I have always wondered what happened to them after hs graduation.Heart

Valued Contributor

Thank you. I have been posting here forever....like since the 90's, but I haven't been here for a long, long time. I think I remember your name though. Thanks for the welcome!

Briggsie