Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm a little late to the party, started to come down with a cold yesterday so I Zicammed last night and slept late this morning. I think I hit it early enough, but it will be a lazy day on the couch saving up my energy for a production of the Million Dollar Quartet tonight. You know, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins. It's at a beautiful, smaller theater venue, and no people will be standing the whole time, one of my pet peeves.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style chat 2/13

[ Edited ]

@Vivian

Speaking of weather... rewind back to 2010... DD and fiance were coming to TX to visit... one coming from LA (DD) and the other from IA... and there was so much ice on the ground that we could not distinguish landmarks, let alone roads, when we drove to the airport!  The landscape was a vast white wasteland of SNOW-ICE.  Scary!

ADDED INFO... we arrived back home to NO POWER.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
@Snicks1... your posts are so easy on the eyes to read. What is your secret?
Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb, sending prayers and hugs your way as you travel down a new road in your life. 

I am claustrophobic also, but found that focusing my mind in a meditative state, or prayerful, worked for me when I was in the closed machine. But, if you have drugs available, use them! I've had melanoma surgery twice in the past five years, and although it doesn't hurt, I get anxious, and my derm gives me 10 mg of Valium, which makes me feel like I wouldn't care if she did brain surgery on me. The only downside is I have to arrange for a ride because it makes me so loopy I am not allowed to drive.

Just remember that lots of love follows you into the MRI and on the journey beyond. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

does Pat James DeMentri have on bell bottoms on the show right now?  don't tell me they are coming back.  pulllllllllllease.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all, I'm catching up on posts.

@gmkb

I am so very sorry that you've received a breast cancer diagnosis. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Uses for tree stump:

2016-02-13_073106.jpg2016-02-13_073019.jpg

Tree stumps and their uses for your garden... it must be a "new thing."

Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style chat 2/13

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

Good Morning, Everyone!

@MaggieMack

What a nice thing you wrote to @gmkb <3

Sorry you have a cold... hoping you feel better soon!

How is the weather in your area?

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I didn't sleep well either.  I seemed to toss and turn all night.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

BC,  I am not a gardener & never did enjoy it.  It is going to be a very cold day here with snow tomorrow & again on Tuesday.  My garden consists of 5-6 tomato plants & petunias that my DH plants for me.  The only thing that I am looking for is that spray on stuff to make them flourish.

gmkb, prayers for you & your DH as you go through another trial.  Valium helped me get through one a long time agoi as I am a bit claustrophobic.

Hi to Lola, LTT, love-the-q, Vivienne.

DH had good results on his colonoscopy done on Monday & my abdominal ultrasound results came back o.k. too.  I just need to watch my diet & weight as I do have a bit of a fatty liver.  I did lose 5# as the Dr. told me to lose 6# & come back in 6 months.

Off for coffee, some light housecleaning, a visit with mom this afternoon.  We didn't see mom yesterday as we had a day for ourselves.  Grocery shopping, light lunch out & then enjoyed a good musical group at one of the retirement homes in town followed by dinner out.