Super Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat - September 10

@Shanus   That would have been such fun to meet in person.  5 A.M. would have worked!!

Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen   I definitely would have time  to see you that early. There are so many women here I'd love to meet in person.

How did your reunion go?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily 

What a great find ... your jacket is right up my alley!  So cute ... I went to get a good look and guess what?   I ordered the mustard ...

Democracy Plaid Sherpa Cropped Jacket

Honored Contributor

@SoX   I'm sorry that I missed the chat yesterday.  The power source on my beloved windows 7 desktop started smelling like burning wires earlier in the week.  As soon as I recognized the smell I grabbed the SanDisk portable SSD drive out of the desk drawer and copied every file (my life basically) off the desktop onto the drive.  I had gigs of music, photos, documents, files.  I ordered a new power source, installed it and a fresh CMOS battery on Friday and I could not revive her.

I prepared myself for this outcome and said let it go Bernie.  I had to destroy the motherboard, remove the drive and configure the laptop as 'new tower'.  It was emotional because the speakers/subwoofer with old connections that my husband bought me many years ago also had to go.  I didn't sleep good Friday niight and I had a yard project to attack yesterday morning.

I'll do better next week.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I was about to send the calvary to find you, Bernie @Bird mama, but decided to wait another day before panicking ... thank goodness I didn't.

I know exactly how you feel about the Win7 desktop ... I went through this with mine, remember?  I'm still in mourning ... will never completely accept the current and future iterations.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Every time I see your tunic I want one (or two) too!!!  Love this, I'm 5'4" too and would totally love wearing this with tights too - oh and boots, ankles or cool shooties would work.

And don't get me started on new boots - I tell myself every year no more boots but then I see one, two, or four that I must have and so I cave. Have not done this yet this year, I hope I can make it and just enjoy all that I have now.

Honored Contributor

the CCB denim dress on now, is very cute , but 99$ nope

Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen   I hope you enjoyed your reunion. You mentioned maybe few would even recognize you. While I've never been to any of my class reunions (51 this yr) They post tons of pics on fb. I'm betting you didn't recognize many at your's. I sure don't from photos I've seenof my fellow mates. So many just do not at all come close to resembling themselves from many years gone by.  Meanwhile when I look at photos of me through the years, I actually do look the same (same size too).

Packing to go to the beach for the day sounds really NICE!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama @SoX    Oh geez, smoking Win7 does n ot sould (or smell) good. I grab my Win 8.1 still every day, all the time. Soon very soon I also need to decide what to do with this. I could download Win 10 or 11, my sister said she needed Win 10 on her work computer, she said it's not bad at all, not really much of a learning curve. So I could do this, I've also briefly looked at new Acer Win 10. I may spring for a new laptop already loaded. 

Such a dilemma for sure. I hate teaching myself new computer things as I'm not good at it. My sister cheers me on, helps me. So I'll see but I need to figure out something by Nov-December.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD 

I reluctantly admit that Windows 11 isn't all that bad ... not much of a learning curve from Win10, which I pretty much hated.  If I were one-tenth as tech savvy as @Bird mama is, I would have refurbished my Win7, too.  Of course there's no more MS support for Win7, so for me that's not an option, anyway.