Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 7am 8-29-2020

@lolakimono wrote:

Bitmoji Image

This, and crickets were the soundtrack to last night, like I was inside of a storm.  

@lolakimono Bless you (and the kittie's) hearts.  I got a wonderful white noise machine from amazon for around $30.  I picked a lovely rolling sound out of the 25 choices?  

Please take care of yourself..Burning a candle at both ends isn't good for the candle.

Sunflower.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

update on my daughter's Covid test....everyone is okay....it was a false positive test result...don't understand how that happens...but i am grateful...thank you for your kind hearts.....i appreciate it very much.....

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  I have a friend who used a style service. She's a vibrant 50, was a part-time yoga instructor after her regular job, etc. She was very disappointed.

@Greeneyedlady21I try to remember what my grandmother used to tell me when things look bleak: "It's temporary. Things will get better." Hang in there

@Lisa Y  Please stay safe as you jump through those hurdles at work

@lolakimonoI admire your resolve to get things done

@Bird mama  Great blazer!

@SoX  I love that headband!

Our latest Extreme Heat Warning ended Thursday night, & we're down to around 102 this week ... until Fri. & Sat. when the 7-day forecast has the nerve to say 110 again. I've been making good progress writing my current novel, but it can't end the way I planned because the plot hasn't gone the way I planned. One perk is that I always gain knowledge from the research I do for my writing.

A BFF in the upper Midwest has been sending me pics of her & her DH's exquisite landscaping artistry after recovering from 2 floods in early spring. Seeing the beauty they've created just makes my day.

I'm still looking forward to fall weather and fall clothes.

Have a good week, Fashionistas.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@DancinQueen 

That is really amazingly stupid.

Right now, I am having my own moment.

I CAN order materials from Amazon Business or Office Depot Business for my teachers, who need some things to teach from home, but I have to have them delivered to school.  We can't order things like desks or chairs though, I guess because they aren't "necessary" to be able to do our jobs. 

ONE package from Amazon was out for delivery.  I checked the tracking, and it's now being held at the P.O. per the customer's request (LIE!).  They attempted to deliver it during business hours supposedly, but I don't think that's true either because we have a front desk that is manned since the doors are locked.  I had to go to school yesterday to get my laptop and no one knew anything about the package.  

It appears that I will have to go to the P.O. perhaps TODAY to pick up the package, and then I will have to deliver it to school or meet up with my teacher.  I was hoping it was a fake tracking message, but since the package is in my name I have to be the one to go get it.

This is already getting old, and I have only received supply orders from two team members.  

@lolakimono I just read yesterday or the day before that this P.O. message actually means the delivery shift was completed before the package could be delivered.  It sounds like this message is automatically generated when a package isn't delivered within the shift.  It will be delivered, possibly even the next day.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/08/27/usps-delayed-packages/

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

And more good news- I am getting a new CC since BOA issued a fraud alert.  That means that today I have to change the dozen or so auto payments that are linked to that most recent card.  I think this is like the 10th card that I have had from them in two years.  I never make it to the expiration date.  Now I just have to remember which services/companies are linked to this card.  What a P.I.T.A.

one reason I would never do any kind of auto payment linked to a credit card.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

AAACCCKKK - So bummed @Bird mama  - I tried to find your new jacket at target but could not find it. There are a couple of others same brand but nothing like your's. So jealous and bummed!!!!!!!

@PINKdogWOOD It's online now. I had to order something else from Target so i checked. Just type in Women's blazer A New Day. It will say it's new. The plaid is the brown color choice. 

I'm a size 10, ordered the medium. It's $34.99 Hope you can get one.

GUEST_5565ae44-da3c-4cce-9be2-3796b8a2e735.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   I just pulled this back up and found it in the plain but not in my size. That's okay, I've been looking at tons of all sorts of plaid jackets for women on etsy. Literally tons there surprising enough, many in my size.

Just found three all different plaids and colors, bought them and I have a 4th out for delivery today very diff from the 3 I found/bought today. All were under $30.00, all shipping from diff states. I won't buy anything over seas b/c whatever it might be takes at least a month to get to me nor can I follow shipping on those. So I now pick and choose carefully what I buy on etsy. Love this site for tons of diff things.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21   I just pulled this back up and found it in the plain but not in my size. That's okay, I've been looking at tons of all sorts of plaid jackets for women on etsy. Literally tons there surprising enough, many in my size.

Just found three all different plaids and colors, bought them and I have a 4th out for delivery today very diff from the 3 I found/bought today. All were under $30.00, all shipping from diff states. I won't buy anything over seas b/c whatever it might be takes at least a month to get to me nor can I follow shipping on those. So I now pick and choose carefully what I buy on etsy. Love this site for tons of diff things.

I love Etsy too. I received the Target blazer today, it's nice! Plaid is even prettier in person.

It's long, definitely a boyfriend style. My usual medium is a very good fit. I didn't need it, b day present to me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"