Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 7am 8-29-2020

@LTT1 

I don't want you to miss out on BTS preparations.

Please check out this video, presented twice (unsuccessfully) by my principal.

It explains what eLearning is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

download (4).png

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I thought that you could specify things like sleeve length on your preferences.  Did the "stylist" computer algorithm not process that selection correctly?

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono   I had to laugh at your response about previewing the meeting before the meeting.  (I'll pray for YOUR soul!!)

I also did the online GCN trainings-asthma, sexual harassment, the 2 hour one on reading disabilities, etc, etc. That's 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

We are starting the school year in person for half a day at the K-5 level. No lunch, no break, no bathroom!!! (Yeah,that's not going to happen. 🧻)

I am looking forward to meeting my new 3rd graders. I hope they are excited about going back to school.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@jackthebear @Lisa Y @SoX @lolakimono 

Tried Stitch Fix this week. Here is a sampling:

02B67A1D-D363-415F-8044-F81B23BC70CE.jpeg

DBF4A405-517D-403F-BBBF-737591903D40.jpeg

Sent it all back and they didn't charge me. 
'First of all, the pants, although a perfect fit, they hit at upper calf and flared out at that spot? WHAAAT?

I guess one goes bare legged?

And they sent three sleeveless tops...that doesn't work for me.

What am I missing in fashion philosophy here?

you are not missing anything 

it is what they picked out for you based on either an algorithm or what you answered.  much easier to go to the store 

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y 

Half a day through 5th grade?

Are you going to have TWO classes, and they split time?

What are they doing to maintain distance, or is that not a "thing" where you are?

Honored Contributor

@pateacher 

Thank you for the support.Cat Happy

We are looking for subs, if you decide you want to come out of retirement. Cat Wink

We are totally virtual for the first semester.  Except, in a new twist coincidentally during the RNC, someone in power has decided that we really CAN go back in person, that it's "safe enough" and that schools should bust their hump to revise the plans to get more students into the building as quickly as they can do so safely.  (All students do not even have computers, and I got my school laptop YESTERDAY).

I am still waiting for toilet paper and paper towels to be replenished in the staff bathroom.

Our last day in the building was March 13th.  My friend went back in June to close up his room in a portable classroom trailer, where there had been no air conditioning and discovered that the custodians were MIA and no one had even emptied the trash from that day and it was two months later.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the cleaning/sanitization/air purification protocols if they can't even empty the trash or provide paper products for the restrooms.  

Honored Contributor

Taupethis is the skirt I got , nice neutral taupe, much longer on me which is perfect,  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I tried Stitch Fix   another shopping service, I think I ended up keeping one item from both boxes.

The tops were much to large and not my style. 

A lot of the items were way over priced.

But then again I think it was pre pandemic, things might be different these days

@LTT1 wrote:

@jackthebear @Lisa Y @SoX @lolakimono 

Tried Stitch Fix this week. Here is a sampling:

02B67A1D-D363-415F-8044-F81B23BC70CE.jpeg

DBF4A405-517D-403F-BBBF-737591903D40.jpeg

Sent it all back and they didn't charge me. 
'First of all, the pants, although a perfect fit, they hit at upper calf and flared out at that spot? WHAAAT?

I guess one goes bare legged?

And they sent three sleeveless tops...that doesn't work for me.

What am I missing in fashion philosophy here?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Gee thanks right?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

@lolakimono   I had to laugh at your response about previewing the meeting before the meeting.  (I'll pray for YOUR soul!!)

I also did the online GCN trainings-asthma, sexual harassment, the 2 hour one on reading disabilities, etc, etc. That's 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

We are starting the school year in person for half a day at the K-5 level. No lunch, no break, no bathroom!!! (Yeah,that's not going to happen. 🧻)

I am looking forward to meeting my new 3rd graders. I hope they are excited about going back to school.

not a teacher but could a half-day just be more efficient in person that a whole day remote?