Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 7am 8-29-2020

Good Morning all, I wilded out on Tuesday and went to Target, TJ Maxx and Kohl's with my sister Woman Very Happy  I haven't been anywhere except the grocery store since March.

I picked up the blazer from Target (A New Day).  Couldn't believe the sleeves were long enough.

IMG_3174 (321x400).jpgIMG_3175 (400x300).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@LTT1 

I tried Stitch Fix   another shopping service, I think I ended up keeping one item from both boxes.

The tops were much to large and not my style. 

A lot of the items were way over priced.

But then again I think it was pre pandemic, things might be different these days

@LTT1 wrote:

@jackthebear @Lisa Y @SoX @lolakimono 

Tried Stitch Fix this week. Here is a sampling:

02B67A1D-D363-415F-8044-F81B23BC70CE.jpeg

DBF4A405-517D-403F-BBBF-737591903D40.jpeg

Sent it all back and they didn't charge me. 
'First of all, the pants, although a perfect fit, they hit at upper calf and flared out at that spot? WHAAAT?

I guess one goes bare legged?

And they sent three sleeveless tops...that doesn't work for me.

What am I missing in fashion philosophy here?

I personally dont' have much faith in those services

but I like to shop

and also wonder how much longer that business model will sustain now that what I imagine the main demo is no longer working outside the home

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Thank you SO VERY MUCH...NOT.
I really miss bts preparation NOT
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

The district is keeping class sizes very low. I will have the same group every day. As of today, I will have 10 students, but that is subject to change. We can fit up to 15 students in the room spaced 6' apart. All of my freestanding bookcases were stacked onto my cubby holes to give extra space. What a mess that is!

Currently, we will teach reading, writing, and math (new math program which ca be done online, which is good if and when we go all virtual). Children are required to do their specials like art, music, and phys. ed. virtually at home. 
The students will stay in the room for the entire time, no lunch or recess. We may be holding some of our classes outside, weather permitting. (I feel bad for those people who suffer from seasonal allergies if they have to be outside.)

I'm willing to give it a try and not stress about it.

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear  When we went all virtual in March, we were still half a day. The district didn't want the students on the computer for a full day. I will let you know about efficiency, as this is new for all of us.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning all, I wilded out on Tuesday and went to Target, TJ Maxx and Kohl's with my sister Woman Very Happy  I haven't been anywhere except the grocery store since March.

I picked up the blazer from Target (A New Day).  Couldn't believe the sleeves were long enough.

IMG_3174 (321x400).jpgIMG_3175 (400x300).jpg

AND has some nice things,  the sleeves on the blazer from last year were way too long for me. but it was wonderful for the price 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Stitch Fix did not ask color preferences (so hence the coral printed top)

It did not ask about sleeve length preference

No questions about pant length preference

Although cute jackets and coverups appear on the insert they sent, these were just ideas. 
I was supposed to go to my closet to see what I could pair with the stuff they sent.

There was one top in teal ( @lolakimono  they must think I'm you) that you would have liked. (By Mountsin something...meant for athletic activities...but the middle part was way huge.

So, three sleeveless, one long sleeve and one pair of navy pants. 😜

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  My classroom.

E59951DE-E52E-4C73-9116-C846DF327FFF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y 

your classroom...that is about what mine looked like ALL THE TIME!

The department decided we should "never throw away ANYTHING" so my room was the designated one for dumping things.

(I taught SPED math/science and it was true that the trend of what to teach this group constantly changed.)

Regular Contributor

@Lisa Y    Shouldn't laugh at this picture and your circumstance, but maybe this is where and what lolakamino's janitors were doing!  I do feel sorry for you to have to work around this chaos.  My husband is a retiredd H&PE teacher.  This isn't Covid 19 related, but administrative stupidity.  He & fellow teacher had placed their Wish List order for supplies in the spring.  When returning in the fall and unpacking supplies and preparing for the new year they couldn't find all they ordered.  They had requested weight lifting bars and free weights to place on the bar for the students.  Admin. decided to cut the budget over the summer w/o contacting teachers.  They got the weight bar and 1-10# weight, 1-20# weight, etc etc....Litlle hard to lift a weight bar with only 1 weight on the end!!  Hang in there....SMILE under that mask!