Trusted Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 7 am 4/4

@jackthebear wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@jackthebear 

... and if you like camo (it's cotton) ...

j.crew: button-up shirt in camo flowers for women, right side, view zoomed

i do like camo

@jackthebear @lolakimono I could wear this while I'm "hunting down" the clown who broke Lola's window !!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I'm sorry about your car, just some really awful people out there. Maybe now more than ever. Of course there are people doing good things too.

For me right now it seems like this will never end, some days are extremely difficult. The highlight of my week was getting toilet paper delivered after having multiple online orders cancelled. It literally became an at home online job to constantly try to hunt down toilet paper. And paper towels, finally got some of those.

Constantly replays in my head when someone said there are no empty shelves anywhere. There are food shortages too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Bird mama 

Have you received the jacket, is is a soft denim, I got one and its cute but the denim is very very stiff

@Bird mama wrote:

I ordered this jacket from the Q in the medium wash.  I caught it on sale and I like the daises Woman Happy

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Classic-Denim-Jacket-with-Embroidery.product.A353978.html?sc=SRCH

@I am still oxox @Bird mama 

I have this jacket in the bleached wash and the indigo. I always wash things before wearing, and I used liquid fabric softener in the rinse, which helped to soften them up. Of course, just wearing them helps. I love the daisies!

I will say that these are fall/winter jackets in my climate, but that’s to be expected down here.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@LTT1  I know you weren't responding to me however I'll tell you how it's going in my house.  I haven't hugged my sister or kissed her face in over 3 weeks. We are keeping a distance between each other and she's my blood.

We have been in the house since 2 weeks ago today when my husband went out to the store to get some necessities. I am very high risk with an auto-immune disorder, asthma. I know if I get it -- that's it. Just us and the dogs. I know lots of people talking about going to visit family elsewhere in their town -- eating meals together, etc. I think that's just outright dangerous for all of us. Thank you for staying in. 

Briggsie

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry that happened to your car, 

@lolakimono wrote:

Some of you already saw this on FB, or on the thread that was poofed, but this is how my week started on Monday.

Image may contain: car

I am so sorry t hat happened to you. Nothing worse than thieves. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

any of you ordering anything from the Q or elsewhere?

Mostly stuff we need from Amazon because we can't go out to shop. And then I broke and got the large Trixie Dooney & Bourke in light mauve. I just love that bag. I think I needed some sort of symbol to encourage my mind to think that we may actually get over this mess we are all in and be able to go out into the world again.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  So sorry about your car being damaged and vandalized

@LTT1  I think there's joy in opening each box in your new place

@Bird mama  I'm glad to see that you and I are still helping the economy. Love the jacket and the daisy embroidery.

This is my 22nd day in the house. I received a grocery delivery today, and that seems to relieve my panic ... until I start to run out and can't find a delivery spot open again. Such a different world. I talked to my childhood BFF for 7 hours straight earlier this week! And another 3 hours last night. I sent her some Easter cookies from Williams Sonoma (who had 50% off and free shipping) after we got off the phone last night to cheer her up.

We were having ZOOM meetings for work, but they were stopped due to hacking vulnerability. I've been busy working remotely, and I think that helps keep me sane during this.

I saw an article online titled something like "parents cope with children home ..." It made me think of @lolakimono  and all of the other teachers who don't "cope" with kids, but instead they positively interact with them for 7 or more hours per day, educate them, help prepare them for the future, and truly care about them 5 days a week normally. I hope parents appreciate (and maybe learn?) from those teachers.

I bought a pair of Free People platoon pants in ivory that were on sale at Macy's website to match a LOGO natural (ivory) shirt I have. And, I bought a pond green cardigan to match the green IM tie-dye culottes I recently ordered.

image.png                                  image.png

Take care and stay well, Fashionistas.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  Only "essential" places are open here, and our schools are closed because if young ones don't always show symptoms they can still be carriers of the virus. Our normally vibrant city looks like a ghost town.Unless they have an essential job, most everyone is sheltering-in-place.

I ordered 2 new dressers online from Macy's last summer, and they're gorgeous; I'm very pleased with them. Idk about other sites, but Macy's site was willing to send swatches when I was also looking for a chair last year. If you end up ordering furniture/a sofa, hopefully you'll be able to get swatches, etc. Finding just what you want is part of what's fun in settling a new home. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@LTT1  I know you weren't responding to me however I'll tell you how it's going in my house.  I haven't hugged my sister or kissed her face in over 3 weeks. We are keeping a distance between each other and she's my blood.

We have been in the house since 2 weeks ago today when my husband went out to the store to get some necessities. I am very high risk with an auto-immune disorder, asthma. I know if I get it -- that's it. Just us and the dogs. I know lots of people talking about going to visit family elsewhere in their town -- eating meals together, etc. I think that's just outright dangerous for all of us. Thank you for staying in. 

Briggsie

Stay safe and well. I am in good physical health and I'm staying home and being responsible, for people like you. I always have to believe it's helping. People should not be going to visit family. They're acting as if that's exempt from risk. It makes me angry. And it's just going to increase the length of time for everyone else.

I have one prescription that I can't have delivered, state law doesn't allow it. I even called my Governor's office to voice my opinion about waiving that at this time, no luck. I've had to pick it up once since this got really bad. I walk there because it's close, next time I'll walk to the drive up to avoid the store.

It's just me so I can get by with not buying lots of food. I've stocked up with a few Instacart deliveries. My neighbors offered to help me out too.

I hope everyone here stays healthy.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Nice fashion choices @Desert Lily 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise