Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 7 am 4/4

I updated my thread in CC, about my star student. For those who didn't see the thread, I'll update here too.

While my experiences this week have been less than positive, he has gotten two new pieces of good news.Cat Very Happy

He got accepted into the Honors College of the school that we visited together.  Decisions normally come out April 15, so while they were delayed in processing his application during their closure, at least he found out a bit early.

He was also awarded the World Languages scholarship (6K, one district winner) so that would pay approximately half of his costs for a year.  I'm hoping that he can get one of the two big ones, that are renewable, to pay for the rest of his schooling.  

Honored Contributor

Oooh sharp blouses @SoX 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@jackthebear 

Who said anything about "need?"  How could I pass up not one, but two leopard print blouses?  These are going to be for fall ...

j.crew: silk button-up shirt in leopard for women, right side, view zoomedj.crew: silk tie-neck blouse in leopard for women, right side, view zoomed

I get it

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Does Mom's cat have mitral valve regurgitation?   I ask because my first dog Spottie was diagnosed with it at around the age of 8.  He lived until the age of 15 1/2 years and they were quality years.  Just trying to give encouragement about the heart murmur @lolakimono 

@Bird mama 

She didn't say that.

My Maine Coon, the sister cat of my Rooster Cat, had a murmur diagnosed at 7.  They "watched" it and then at 12 she had shortness of breath that ended up being a tumor on her heart which had pushed into her lungs.  This problem is known in those breeds.  

Honored Contributor

We're going to keep positive thoughts for your Mom's cat.  Back when Spottie had his murmur they didn't have cardiologists, so thankfully the right doctor is on the case for your Mom's cat. Heart @lolakimono 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I also ordered this, from Patricia Nash-

Patricia Nash Antique Rose Belt & Reviews - Handbags & Accessories - Macy's

I don't have belt loops on my pajama bottoms, so I don't know when I will be able to wear it...Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I am off to have breakfast, left over avocado toast and get my day started. I am looking forward to my elementary/jr high Zoom reunion tonight. We have an active FB group and had and in person reunion 9 years ago

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 7 am 4/41

@Bird mama 

cute jacket with the daisies!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Dawnie 

Thanks for the info about HBO! What a deal!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I received my bone t-strap pumps from DSW and liked them so much I bought another pair (for even less) in black Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama, I love those. I wish I could still wear heels.

"To each their own, in all things".