Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/2/2020

I don't dye my hair, but I get highlights.  I am actually terrified of color on my scalp and allergic reactions. 

My stylist has mentioned that for some with allergies she does this:

https://www.mobilesalon.com/blog/entry/haircolor-and-sweet-n-low

Anyhoo, so two nights ago I had a nightmare that I had hair dye on my scalp and it was burning a la Michael Jackson.

I have no idea what led to the dream sequence but I woke up terrified.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I think it is wonderful that you go the extra mile for your students. They will remember you fondly for your efforts!

Heard on the news that somewhere (I thought it was where you are) the decision had been made to give all students a P for the semester?

Just ordered this this morning...

8FCF7A02-6BAC-4EE4-A969-65A3131154CD.jpeg

saw these in person at the store (before all of the COVID stuff and told myself I'd go back in and try them. Then all ____ ensued...#quarantine, move, closings. 
The DKNY ones I saw in the store (Dillards?) were champagne-colored though (which i would have preferred)

Never came to mind, but this COVID stuff is going to kill fashion industry too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I don't dye my hair, but I get highlights.  I am actually terrified of color on my scalp and allergic reactions. 

My stylist has mentioned that for some with allergies she does this:

https://www.mobilesalon.com/blog/entry/haircolor-and-sweet-n-low

Anyhoo, so two nights ago I had a nightmare that I had hair dye on my scalp and it was burning a la Michael Jackson.

I have no idea what led to the dream sequence but I woke up terrified.  

have heard that as well

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear 

I like that denim skirt.  

Honored Contributor

Job
I cannot see your pics posted at 7:44am. Maybe it is just me?
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

2 of the things I got,  the jeans have an amazing fit

and the skirt looked cute on the hanger,  have to try it on, have a feeling it could be an A or F

and this which is on clearance for 14$ says it's cropped but it's the perfect length for me for the spring summer

and some other stuff

@jackthebear 

I cannot see your pics!

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@jackthebear 

I like that denim skirt.  

i will review later

as I said , on the hanger looked super nice,  

reg denim skirts don't work on my body and I  like the length 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

Oh, if only we were pass/fail!

We are still giving grades, but in my department we have a 10 point rubric.  Per the guidelines during Covid, a student who never shows up to eLearning gets a 50 on every assignment.  There can be no zeros.

Also, per the guidelines, a student who violates academic integrity by plagiarism or in my case, by using a translator to just copy/paste their work, also gets a 50.

Huh?

It takes me a good 2-3 days to open each kid's attachment, click the "comment" box for each item that is wrong, and write the correction.  I also include personalized comments so that they know what they might do to improve for the following week.  It takes an eternity.  Some kids do their work on paper, scan it or take a picture and upload it.  For their work, I print it out, handwrite the corrections/comments, take a picture of it with my phone, upload it to Google Drive, and share the link to their personalized feedback in Google Classroom.

I burned up about 3 hours the other day notifying the admin, parent, and counselor the evidence of using a translator, with screenshots, to explain why they would have a 50 on the assignment.

We also have to make three contact attempts per kid who hasn't shown up or isn't doing all of the work before we can turn it over to admin/guidance.  Then we have to fill out a 20 line form with all of the information- name, ID #, dates of contact, what our concerns are, what grade they are in, what class, what section, blah blah.

It never ends.

However, with pass/fail, it would be easy peasy to determine the grades.  They have until Sunday night to do the week's work, so that's when it comes in.  I spend a good part of the weekend answering questions, and then on Monday I post the new work.  With three preparations, I don't feel like I ever get caught up.  On Monday I have three meetings scheduled, and I need to start grading the week 4 work, while at the same time going back to weeks two and three to grade the work that finally came in. There is no penalty for them doing late work.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@jackthebear 

I cannot see your pics!

@LTT1 

Are you using Safari?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

A Facebook group I am in ("Lichen planopilaris-- Let's Put Out the Fire") has a LOS Angeles movie/tv star in it! 

He recommended a product called Herbatint -- it is from Italy. Apparently, Italy's safety of chemicals is more stringent than ours in the US.

I used it last weekend on a small section of hair...I really like it.