Honored Contributor

Oh and it's all okay. If chickens didn't want us to eat their eggs as they went meant to be by humans, they wouldn't have been 'built' to spew and share!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

Happy Passover and Happy Easter!

We went to our first in person seder in two years last night.

It was a bit Lemony Snickets.

I stopped at the ATM on the way, to get cash for my tip on Tuesday's haircut.  I stood outside in line for a few minutes.

By the time I got back in the car I had a raspy voice.

We got there, and my cheeks started getting flushed, with bumps on the right side.

Some sort of allergic reaction to tree pollen, as it was HIGH yesterday.

I stuck it out until about 8:30 (we had left at 5:15) and then came home, took two Benadryl, washed my face and went to bed.

BF's siblings canceled last minute.  BF's niece was exposed to Covid by her college roommate, who is an athlete and refuses to vax, so the family is quarantining.

The other sibling's family was doing sports stuff and his sister had a headache, but they only brought one car to the game so they all flaked.

So, it was a small but allergic seder.

Cat Surprised 

Honored Contributor

On the fashion front, I got two new items, inspired by my sneakers.

New, from eBay.

Image 1 - Champion Women's Heritage Herringbone Zip Hoodie Jacket Wine Purple Size Small

Nike, new from Poshmark.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Live Chat 4/16

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

My poor desktop started out as Windows 7 ... gosh, I loved Win7 ... but had to convert to Win 10 when MS stopped support of 7.  That's when all the trouble started...nothing has worked right since the conversion and I can't take anymore aggravation.

The new HP has no CD capability ... the sales guy said everything now is streaming, streaming, streaming.  Too bad if you don't want to, or know how to, or don't want to pay for streaming. So what do I do with all my CDs ... luckily my laptop has a CD player.

Honored Contributor

Wait a minute @PINKdogWOOD lol

Chickens were meant to mate and lay eggs to keep the species going.  Somewhere along the way, the prehistoric man looked at a prehistoric chicken egg and said, hmmmmm eat this. And it all went downhill for the chicken after that Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm sure the family appreciated your committment to celebrate Passover at the seder.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@SoX  Yea it's going to be hard for me to find what I want.  I'm confident that it's out there if I want to pay for it.  

Honored Contributor

I have spent most of my spring break doing the following:

job applications

appointments

posting on LinkedIn

having coffee chats with people in the "business"

A friend shared a contract opportunity for a script writer.  I posted on the thread, and the CEO asked me to send a DM, so I did.

He put me in touch with the instructional designer.  

She asked for a a writing sample, which I did.

I wrote about esophageal cancer, since April is EC awareness month.

Then she followed up and gave me a sample script to complete.

It is for an Israeli company who made a health care app for home health aides, where they can do trainings from their phones.  My scenario was keeping clients with dementia safe in their homes.

The other founding partner (in Israel) wants to chat next week.  They have PT and FT work available.

If this goes through, I will probably do PT until school gets out.  It's a contract role, so no benefits.

Honored Contributor

Everybody,

Spring jewish holiday of Passover

Honored Contributor

Thank you @meallen616  and the same to you.