Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - March 2 - Spring Fashion Event

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I need a UPF hat for Spring and Summer. There's one on lunchtime special today for $15.50. I would absolutely hate to pay a third of the price, $5.50, to ship it. I have a fairly large head and thick hair. Watched the video and Antonella showed that it fit her.

I saw a hat in TJ Maxx that I liked. I'm not a germphobic person but I don't like the idea of trying it on when other people have done same. Of course you never know with Q either 😏😀

I just bought a 50 UPF Columbia brimmed hat from Farm and Fleet on Thursday.  Original price was $30 & It was on sale for $4.88.  It is a light grey with the underside of the brim a cute animal print.  It's the only one that was on sale, so I grabbed it up.  Now I wonder how many people tried it on.  Maybe I should put it into the freezer for a few hours.  I am not supposed to get sunshine so I am plan to keep it in our vehicle for a "just in case"moment.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Hit it with some lysol disinfecting spray.  i recommend the clean linen scent.  It will evaporate and any germs should go with it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, good  thoughts and prayers fo Bella and her family.  Scary for sure.  Thanks for the Lysol recommendation.  I liked the hat so much because it doesn't look like my beach hats.  

Lola, I am hoping that you feel better soon too.

Snick's. I also hope that you feel better too & don't get a lot of snow.

It's been a hectic week for me and I am still trying to process this week's events.

I got a call from our local Clinic telling me that after March 15th, they can no longer get my Gama Gard in their pharmacy, so I will have to go to a Madison Hospital for my future infusions.  It's a good thing that I am scheduled on March 13th for the next one.

I have had a lot of teary moments because it scares me to think about going to a different hospital and getting all new nurses.  I have been getting these iv's for almost 18 years & never did I think that there would be a nation wide shortage of it.

On the bright side, our niece and gn are coming for supper on Wednesday night & then we are going to our 2 dgs's band concert on Thursday night.  Then we are going to celebrate our dgd's early birthday with dinner out before the concert.

I have been wanting to go shopping & have some fun so bad that we are doing a little shopping on the way up & a little more shopping the next day on our way back home.  Fatigue is my biggest problem, so it could be interesting.  

I hope that all of you have a nice weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 

(((Hugs)))  ... 

Honored Contributor

@twinny70, good luck to you on changing where you will get your infusions.
We recently had to make a complete change also, on hubby's doctor as well as preferred hospital, due to insurance changes. My take and what I told hubby was, maybe it was time for a change, maybe new set of eyes on his very complicated health issues will turn out for the better. Hope this is also true for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Women's Active Short Sleeve T-shirt

Women's Ponte Knit Sheath Tweed Dress with Elbow Sleeves

Kattee Ladies' Vintage Leather Hobo Shoulder Handbag Sorrel

Forgot to mention I did some shopping this week. Got this top and dress from Lands End, and this bag from Amazon. Realized I didn't own a dress anymore, so this one, being fairly classic in style and design/print, should work for most occasions where I would need a dress. The top was just because, and the bag is due to needing something a bit bigger than what I have, being open inside so I can just fill it up quickly when I need to gather items and throw in there during the times the ambulance comes to take hubby to hospital and I have things I need to bring with me, as has been the case recently. Most of the time I don't even carry a bag, which is why I had gotten rid of my larger bags. Anyway, thought I'd share my recent purchases.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 

What is happening with your DH?

I am sorry to hear that you are needing to take him to the hospital😞

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1, thanks. It's his same ongoing issue that rears it's ugly head off and on. I've had to call an ambulance several times, the most recent was about 3 weeks ago. He is ok and back home now, but I never know when we'll be off and running again. His illness is a hereditary thing that is too weird and complicated to really get into, but has been life-threatening a few times.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I received these the other day and I love them

American West Sterling Gemstone Figural Drop Earrings - J390543

@Bird mama 

You look fabulous in these!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

My husband says the same thing as whenever i have the television on in my office, I have on the Q  or one of the other shopping channels unless they are showing an hour of somethting I have ZERO interest in.  The only time I am not on a shopping network is if there is a specifc show I want to watch.