Honored Contributor

Good Morning Style Sisters Woman Happy

I refuse to allow this weekly thread to die, lol.  It's been hot, sunny and extremely dry here in SE Michigan.  How are you doing this week?  It's good to see Leah on my TV this morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat: June 3, 2023

I shopped JCP online and picked up 4 of these longsleeved tees on clearance. 

Men's mutual weave t shirt 7.49

This cosmetics bag just called out to me so I bought it.

Vintage Cosmetics Makeup Bag Makeup Bag

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, @Bird mama 

Well, we have a sunny and mild start to the day, currently 68 ... going up to 80 degrees.   

I found this G by Guiliana jean jacket at an outrageous price but decided to get it anyway because I love the look.

I'm returning two dresses ... Lordy, what was I thinking ... by Canyon Retreat ... so I guess it balances out.

How's the fence saga, Bernie ... I haven't read any posts lately.

G by Giuliana Black Label Desert Rider EcoChic Denim Fringe Jacket

G by Giuliana Black Label Desert Rider EcoChic Denim Fringe Jacket

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

I just went over to catch up on the Bird's Nest thread  ...  LOL, LOL, LOL ... I think you DID put a hex on the guy in the blue car ...  blood on the fence, oh geez!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I refuse to allow this weekly thread to die, lol.  It's been hot, sunny and extremely dry here in SE Michigan.  How are you doing this week?  It's good to see Leah on my TV this morning.

@Bird mama wrote:

glad to see you started the thread, I think the lack of participation is a reflection of whats happening with the Q

Respected Contributor

Good Saturday morning to all! @Bird mama , I appreciate that you won't let this thread die; I enjoy hearing from everyone. I've watched off and on so far, only really liking the Spenco thongs but just got another pair this week so I'll pass. Mine sure are comfortable, the first Spenco purchase. My best friend's husband was put into hospice care yesterday so not feeling very happy today; I'll probably just do lots of praying today. Hope everyone enjoys this first weekend of June, seems summer has finally arrived.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice @Bird mama     Good morning..........sun is shining in NW Ohio. We do need rain, but the sun is so pretty every day!

Leah looked good in that sweater.  I sent for it a while back and just didn't like how it looked on me, so returned it.  It is really pretty, tho.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning @Bird mama . I appreciate your keeping this thread going. We can catch up for the week.

90 degrees here in NC today!!! Hope this isn't a hint of what our summer will be. I'll be out doing my errands early and home before the heat and humidity on days this hot.

You'd think I'd be used to it by now...73 yrs. living in NC, but nope...it's dreadful.

Today's plan is to purchase my herbs for my herb garden. I have a fairly shady spot (w/ some sun) out my second entrance on front porch to mudroom off the kitchen. I have long, rectangular planters there for my herbs. Nothing like fresh herbs when cooking.

This afternoon I'm headed to the huge mall an hour away. I love to walk through quickly for my cardio and then slow down to visit any stores we don't have at our smaller mall. 

Still hanging around with my temporary front tooth, no biting or chewing on the front, so cutting everything in small pieces and shoving it in to the back teeth to chew. It's a process!!! I've lost 12 lbs. because I get frustrated since it takes so long to finish a meal. June 15th the dentist Xrays the peg he put in to hold the tooth and if all is healed, he makes a mold for my new tooth...delivered in another month. He promised I'd be all set before my BIG birthday on July 20th. I have a huge steak and lobster dinner waiting for me at a famous restaurant nearby with all my family...some even coming from Charlotte.

Wishing everyone a relaxing or productive weekend. Heart

Hope you all 

Honored Contributor

@SoX   Love it! IMO you can never own too many jean jackets...embroidery, fringe, etc. they all call my name.

Honored Contributor

Spent yesterday at the town pool I walk alot there having issues with my feet so walking is a chore, watched my hubby swim laps for 30 minutes, it was hot as blazes. We escaped most of the storms predicate last evening, had to dine in doors at our local Mexican restaurant, had my hair cut then dinner and home by 7 it was a fun evening, hope you are all doing well  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.