Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - July 16th, 2022

Ahhh, Citiknits @Bird mama   Loved this line too. She really got us going on her things with this line from long ago. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Writing in purple to match OUR toes!!!!! @LTT1   Holy cow, your's looks worse than mine did 2 weeks ago. I ran into a metal ladder on the ground walking to the recycle bin. 

RAMMED IT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hurt and throbbed like a mother for two days. I took my nail polish off to re-do a couple of days later - did them this same shade of PURPLE to match the color of my toe!  

I took two tylenol xtra strenght that night and it totally stopped throbbing but continued to go purple, by now it's good, I didn't break mine. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   I do love a nice summer dress..I don't think you can have to many!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   I can't wear solid black, especially near my face.  I'm a natural redhead with fair skin and if I wear solid back near my face I look like all that's missing is the casket and rosary.  I am considering the animal print.

@Bird mama   I do get your being hesitant. I'm as fair as this background behind my tying here. Silver hair and green eyes and I still wear black. The solution for me is a lower neck so not near the face, a few silver chains, pearls or light/colorful necklaces, more blush and a brighter lip and I'm fine.It does require adjustments. I'll never give up my black clothing.

@Shanus 

Can I ask if your fair skin is pink toned vs yellow toned?  I'm Casper white with yellow tones rather than pink like my mother.  Green eyes.  There are colors, like black, that make me look very sallow or jaundiced.  Those same colors look great with a pink toned fair complexion. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Bird mama 

This set is sold separately fot the notch tee and shorts!

https://www.qvc.com/Candace-Cameron-Bure-Terry-Cloth-Beach-Short.product.A548450.html

https://www.qvc.com/Candace-Cameron-Bure-Split-Neck-Tee.product.A488206.html

and let me mention this... I don't get very excited about fashions until I see Candace Cameron Bure's pictures on Instagram. To my way of thinking, that is a better way to "see" or imagine  fashion!

Hi @LTT1 .  Are you seeing the CCB fashions on Insta by following Candace or by following QVC?

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   I can't wear solid black, especially near my face.  I'm a natural redhead with fair skin and if I wear solid back near my face I look like all that's missing is the casket and rosary.  I am considering the animal print.

@Bird mama   I do get your being hesitant. I'm as fair as this background behind my tying here. Silver hair and green eyes and I still wear black. The solution for me is a lower neck so not near the face, a few silver chains, pearls or light/colorful necklaces, more blush and a brighter lip and I'm fine.It does require adjustments. I'll never give up my black clothing.

@Shanus 

Can I ask if your fair skin is pink toned vs yellow toned?  I'm Casper white with yellow tones rather than pink like my mother.  Green eyes.  There are colors, like black, that make me look very sallow or jaundiced.  Those same colors look great with a pink toned fair complexion. 

@shoesnbags   Of course you can ask. I have some pink in my fair skin, but always choose a neutral foundation to create less pink. My BB tinted moisturizers and BB foundation sticks have a slight yellow undertone which cancels out some pink, too and gives me a neutral canvas which I prefer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama I am 5'9 and have silver hair , blue eyes. My skin color is pretty neutral because there are no colors I can not wear., I ordered the tsv in the purple.

the heat here in the valley of the sun is very intense.114 today and tomorrow.. I called dh to tell him was not going to,visit him. I have been wearing sundresses most of the time. The tsv, I will not wear until October.

Honored Contributor

Hi Barbara @sydsgma1   I thought about ordering the purple one.  I can wear some black if it's broken up in a pattern; solid black is what does me in.  The dress your ordered will be stunning with your coloring.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hi Barbara @sydsgma1   I thought about ordering the purple one.  I can wear some black if it's broken up in a pattern; solid black is what does me in.  The dress your ordered will be stunning with your coloring.

@Bird mama 

Me too!  Turned out that the animal print I ordered while it was on waitlist didn't go through, so I ordered the Rainforest print.  Doesn't really matter if it's my best color, since I only plan to wear it at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Shanus 

@shoesnbags   Of course you can ask. I have some pink in my fair skin, but always choose a neutral foundation to create less pink. My BB tinted moisturizers and BB foundation sticks have a slight yellow undertone which cancels out some pink, too and gives me a neutral canvas which I prefer.

Thanks @Shanus .  That little bit of pink probably explains why you can wear black.  I used to try to "pink up" my complexion when I was younger, but the results were never really natural looking.  As I've gotten older (ha, old!) I've found that just going with what I've been naturally given works better - in face and hair as well.  I don't try to fight Mother Nature any more.