Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ AM Style Chat August 20, 2022 7 AM

@jackthebear   I can easily skip the spring / summer fashion.  Fall / winter is my weakness and even though I don't need one more thing.... if I see something that sparks my fancy I'll buy it anyway Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   Simon Property Group and Brookfield Asset Management.  I think they own malls. 

Esteemed Contributor

A late good morning, Style Sisters  ... woke up to thunder and rain at about 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep ... or so I thought until I just woke up for the second time.   

It's 65 degrees and very fallish here.   The Air and Water show with the Blue Angels is scheduled for the weekend, so hope the clouds clear.   We can actually see them practicing from my house over the two days ... it's mind-blowing to watch.

Honored Contributor

Because JCP is owned by folks who own malls, almost every time I place an order I get a survey about a week after my items arrive.  One of things JCP asks is why I ordered online.  For a couple of years now I've had to tell them that for 40 years JCP has only offered talls via catalog and online.

Honored Contributor

@SoX   This weeked is the Woodward Dream Cruise - a big deal for people who love classic cars.  I hope folks see what they can before 3 pm today because after that all of the convertibles will be gone or have their tops up.  Who wants to stand in potentially severe weather in an umbrella to see a classic car?  I love classic cars, just not that much.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning........72 deg here.  Supposed to be 84 with storms, gusty winds and possible hail later this afternoon.

They cover themselves with the word possible.  That's the fourth time this summer that we've heard the word "hail" and we haven't had any yet Smiley Happy

Supposed to rain tomorrow, too, but we can use it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3  Yea the other day (Thursday) we got a pop up summer thunderstorm.  I watched it, it was just rain and yet the weather people were yapping about hall. 

You know, it's been so dry this summer it's been nice to see a normal summer rain or normal summer thunderstorm.  The kind with a bit of thunder, no wind or lightening, just a stiff rain and then viola sunshine.  

Honored Contributor

JCP has this faux wrap skirt in a couple of colors in misses and petites.  I hope they offer it in tall.  It's the kind of staple (to me) that works for a variety of situations from Church to God forbid a funeral.  Not that I go to alot of places, lol, I imagine this would look festive with a red top for holidays.

Trusted Contributor

@1 DancinQueen 

Earlier sunsets are a bummer for sure!  It won't be long before it's dark at 5!

I hope you have a great summer vaca at the beach.  This is a great time of year to vaca!  Heck any time is! LOL

I am not getting the TSV.  I think it's a good deal, but it sounds like you are not in the market for jeans!  keep your mantra going.  Maybe you can use the money to buy something for your trip or while on your trip?

I have bought some new things for fall already.  I got the logo painted jean jacket, which I am super excited to wear.  

I also bought a couple Belle by Kim Gravel tops (two waffle knits-- one was the multi media in gray.  the other was the button hem in blue). 

A long sleeved tee from Life is good in green, the Koolaburra sherpa pull over in blue and a cowl neck sweater by Peace Love World.

A pair of women with control leggings that were on clearance

I also have a few things I bought at the end of the winter on clearance that I haven't worn yet.  A pink camo jogger set by Issac Mizrahi, a Sport Savy long sleeved tee with a vest in navy.

And of course the NYDJ jeans that were a OTO a few weeks ago.  I think the style is AMI.

Now that I've typed this all out, I probably need a no buy mantra, too!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jackthebear   I can easily skip the spring / summer fashion.  Fall / winter is my weakness and even though I don't need one more thing.... if I see something that sparks my fancy I'll buy it anyway Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama @jackthebear 

I've been doing major damage over the past couple of weeks ... or longer.   Every time I get an email from two of my favorite sites about percentage off sales, I have to check it out ... and if an item is on my "wish/watch" list, I usually buy.