Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ AM Style Chat August 20, 2022 7 AM

@Bird mama wrote:

About slips.... I went to Catholic school from kindergarten through 12th grade.  From the time I was a wee one, I wore a slip under my uniform.  I think this is why slips and camis come naturally to me.  It started at age 5.

@Bird mama 

My question is why did they quit making slips to wear with our garments and made them to wear as outerwear but when I mention slips, everyone makes light of me and I wonder do those who don't like them just like to wear them as outerwear or what?  I love the feel of a slip next to me without the dress/skirt against my skin.  It just feels cleaner to me.  I can wear my skirt or dress more times if I have a slip next to me which I can launder.

Honored Contributor

I have so enjoyed your ideas on clothing, how you shop and your talk about vacations that you want to take or have taken and which stores and styles and designers you like.  Very enlightening.  Thank you all who joined in the conversation today.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   JCP still sells Vanity Fair full slips and half slips online.  I don't know if they are in the store.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Nonametoday   JCP still sells Vanity Fair full slips and half slips online.  I don't know if they are in the store.  

@Bird mama 

I will look on line.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Me too!

as usual I forgot to sign off but yes I did enjoy it this morning,

'thanks everybody!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama @SoX @Desert Lily @1 DancinQueen @Nonametoday 

Mid-week update: last Saturday am I was driving back and forth to DDs...long story.

Forgot my iPad after I spent the night at their house because LaLexišŸŽ€ was scared to spend the night at the neighbors. Awww!

I now have a Ford Edge rental car and am hoping that a body shop nearby will give me an estimate so I can get new tires... lata!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~