Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat August 13th

This is the first time I'm seeing the SG dip dyed jeans @Desert Lily   Those are nice.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

So glad to see so many of us "chatting" this a.m.  It's been a bit iffy the past few Saturdays with Leah out of the picture.  So glad the CIJ has ended.  The holiday items will be popping up again on a regular basis way too soon for me.

Fall is peeking it's nose into our weather this weekend.  A/C turned off the past few days and flowing cool breezes airing out my house!  

Wish you all a great week of cooler weather and good wishes for finding those fab shopping deals.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning from SE Michigan, Metro Detroit region.  It's 58 degrees and the clouds are partially blocking the sunrise.  The full moon was fantastic this week.

@Bird mama  I'm not too far from you in OH and we have the same weather.  Supposed to rain this evening.  Quite a drastic change from a few days ago.  Not ready for this yet!

Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen  I've had open window weather most of the week.  I did the yard work yesterday and it was nice to have grass to cut.  It had been so dry here that I went 26 days between mowing the grass in July - the grass just didn't grow.  We got big rain last weekend and the grass greened up and started growing again.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@SoX  Yea you probably have some USB ports on the side of the monitor somewhere.  I would really take a shot with a logitech keyboard.  I went to Catholic highschool and had 2 years of typing Woman Surprised  If I'm going to spend any length of time on my laptop, I pop the dongle in one of the USB ports and use my logitech keyboard because I am accustomed to keys that 'stand up' like a typewriter and not these flat keys that are crowded together.  It's a thing for those of us who learned how to type a certain way and I refuse to accommodate the technology.  I need a full size keyboard, end of story.

going from full size to the MAC was a big change 

Yes, I do have USB ports on the side, Bernie @Bird mama  ... you know, I should have kept the Sony keyboard ... wonder if it would've worked?   Ah ... water under the bridge.   I'll wait a bit longer and see if I adapt (or "evolve"  which seems to be a new catch phrase these days).

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Glad u asked! Here is a graphic that explains part of it:

795DF37C-436A-4246-8577-4CDAFF2AE46A.jpeg

Peope who have Narcissistic Personality Disorder NPD abuse their partners (targets) by first idealizing them, next devaluing them, finally discarding them.

What is rather unbelievable is that victims of this type of abuse all report behaviors that ultimately are the same! It's as if there is a "playbook" this mentally disordered operate from!

My mother was my first narcissist.

We can now find lots of information on the internet... it can be googled as "Narcissistic Personality Disorder ".

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3   I think I saw a forecast where temps will be in the mid 80's next week.  We had a long period of stifling heat and humidity and I happened to be in an area that didn't get rain.  A storm front would head straight for me and then split north and south of me.  The backyard wildlife needed this break.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono @Gosh I love those! They're gorgeous! Envious but in a good way. Enjoy them! 

Esteemed Contributor

That Naadam cashmere brand is very good ... although I won't be buying that OTO cardigan, I have several pullovers and v-necks in several colors.

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell  Did you ask about the cashmere sweater than Leah was wearing at the beginning of the show?  I have no experience with that sweater.  I don't own any garments in cashmere.  If Leah presented it I missed it.  I know over the years the Q emphasized two ply cashmere was better - at least that's what was said about Isaac's cashmere sweaters.