Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat August 13th

@1 DancinQueen wrote:

@LTT1   Tried to check out that website, but not working for me.  

@1 DancinQueen 

lesleyevers

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

In the news about teachers leaving/shortage.

Some classes end up having to "take in" half classes during regular due to lack of subs. 
I'd have panic and nightmares, too.

They are going to have to get a clue.

@LTT1 

Due to lack of subs last year, teachers got paid $50 to cover a class during their "planning" time, BUT that is not in the contract for this year (yet).  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama @SoX @Franklinbell @Thats Me @Patriot3 @1DancinQueen

@Desert Lily

@lolakimono 

092415FC-A487-4E55-B762-E403D55E9C27.jpeg

This is the only thing I purchased at CIJ. It was a reasonable $. Present for DD.

'Purchased after Jen said she uses hers to throw jewelry in...so I figured DD might use it for that ... or other.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

over splaining the concept of the shirt/tail top

PS not fooling anyone with that, 

Honored Contributor

LaLexi🎀 is becoming so teenagery! Will post a picture in a minute, but this looks like the way she is headed!
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 @Pretty!

Super Contributor

@lolakimono   THANKS!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

RE the job...

I can't remember what I've shared already.

In five weeks I have been to the office twice.  Once was for onboarding, although in September I will probably go in every Friday.

During onboarding, HR said that if we need to miss fewer than 4 hours, no need to put in for PTO.

Mic drop.

So, for those who remember me breaking up a fight and jacking up BOTH wrists, my new company who has nothing to do with this injury...

purchased an ergonomic "split" keyboard for me

allows me to go to PT twice a week (usually two hours) without putting in for PTO.  I usually go in the a.m., get home when I get home, and then log in.  There is no "rush" to be anywhere at a particular time.

We have 102 employees.

During onboarding I made a few suggestions for improvements.  Not only did they LISTEN to my suggestions, they implemented them AND sent me a copy to review.  One of them is the new company flow chart, which shows me up near the top and I am my own department.

One of the two founders invited our team over to his house for dinner in August, and our plus ones.  (It will probably be just me as it's about 2 hours door to door, but it's nice to be able to invite BF).

I log out daily by 4:30, and if I need to go for an appointment, I just put it on my calendar so people know that I'm done for the day.

Yesterday I spent an hour in a meeting with a vendor, even though I don't control the purse strings, to put together pricing for a firm-wide learning package. 

These things involve so much bureaucracy in a school that everything with this company feels so "easy."

I met my co-workers at a bar on Thursday, a little later than our normal happy hour time. I asked them if they would like to earn 25K more, if it meant that they had to work an additional 25 hours a week.  They were all like- NO WAY!  I reminded them that's exactly what I did- took a big pay cut for my life back.  The pension that they're dying inside every day to make it towards the service finish line?  The district contributes $0 but requires them to contribute 7%.  My company contributes 3% into a 401K from the first day without any requirement to contribute, although I do, of course.

So that's the job update.

I have one more week until my manager goes out for 12 week (paid) maternity, and then the other founding parter will return from paternity and I'll report directly to him.  

wonderful

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono   I saw those the other day and thought those are so Barbie.

@Bird mama 

Every time I see something pink now, I use your phrase "So Barbie."   It's stuck in my head ...   thanks a lot, GF.Woman Very Happy

I like that phrase and will begin using it!

Here they are...little stinkers!

F6E7B785-7BFE-4D3E-83E9-EAF23254D2D4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

@SoX @jackthebear @jackthebear @Franklinbell 

I'm so very happy 4 U! WOW! This is a company with transparency! And very unselfish with the parameters! And I can see that you will be a major asset for them!

Congratulations again! 🏆