Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat August 13th

In other news beyond the #teachertransition, my mom decided at the end of June that she's leaving FL and moving here!

So in my "free" time, which I actually DO have now, I have been looking at properties.

She listed her house on a Friday, sold it Monday for a full price cash offer. But, they need to sell their house (in the same city), and they have until Sept. 19 to do so.

So there has been a lot going on!  

Super Contributor

@lolakimono    Can you share what state you taught in? Interested in the high number of resignations.

Honored Contributor

Open cardigan long
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

WOW good to know!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono @Nice! I love a good sheeth dress. It's a fashion staple in my wardrobe!

Honored Contributor

If any moderators happen to be scanning this thread, what I'm about to write is not political.  

@lolakimono  the struggle and trauma is real.  The guidance regarding covid is changing and there is a shift to personal responsibility.  Some societies do better with that concept than others.  They embrace pulling together for the common or greater good. 

We're going to lose more educators in this country.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1 DancinQueen wrote:

@lolakimono    Can you share what state you taught in? Interested in the high number of resignations.

@1 DancinQueen 

It's a national issue, but here is some comparable research.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Yea it's tricky because you want to keep it constructive and not have it turn into a pity party or b*tchfest.

Honored Contributor

@SoX  Yea you probably have some USB ports on the side of the monitor somewhere.  I would really take a shot with a logitech keyboard.  I went to Catholic highschool and had 2 years of typing Woman Surprised  If I'm going to spend any length of time on my laptop, I pop the dongle in one of the USB ports and use my logitech keyboard because I am accustomed to keys that 'stand up' like a typewriter and not these flat keys that are crowded together.  It's a thing for those of us who learned how to type a certain way and I refuse to accommodate the technology.  I need a full size keyboard, end of story.

Honored Contributor

not much in my size

but the plus sizes many listings

DC jeans 11$