Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - 7/27/2019

@Snicks1 wrote:
@lolakimono, how's the purging at mom's house going? Reached the end yet?

@Snicks1 

Sold golf cart, telescope and a bicycle on Nextdoor.  Sold two sets of golf clubs to Play It Again Sports.

Have taken about 6 car loads for donations, plus a trunk load of paint/chemicals for recycling.

Probably about 10 contractor bags of trash, including shredding.

So far I have organized the linen closet, the laundry room cabinets, about 80% of the garage, now the dining room/living room china cabinets are in process, as is her master BR closet.

We could easily spend another 4 days organizing and another two to clean up our organizing messes.  I am also doing things around the house, like changing out light bulbs, fixing small things, etc.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear
I think that is what she said?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

Yeah, that happened to me more than once ... it's rampant in state and local government here where by law they have to post positions, even though they know it will be filled with a "cronie."   

The mantra here used to be "we don't want somebody nobody sent."

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21@lolakimono

I love those boots, Lola.
And also will look forward to seeing your coordinating items! Keep ‘em coming!
Honored Contributor

@Hi, @Capstosta! Great to see you!
@Greeneyedlady21

I liked your leather jacket and I still do! Did not know that store carried Lucky Brand items! Love the print in that dress!
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

I'm exhausted reading your purging activities ... whew!

Honored Contributor

It is now time time to start getting the wardrobe ready for the next trip.

As an aside, being a big turtleneck-wearer, many of my dark colored ones from AMAZON have disappeared! I think DH scooped them up into the “give-away” pile! 

‘So, here we go again.

i keep ordering the Halston crew-neck top over and over... have been wearing them to everywhere and my scarves ( @lolakimono @SoX ) all go st the neckline to jazz them up!

In further news, I am making my own makeup in order to get the right colors and ingredients, etc. Remember the minerals that were loose in little plastic jars? It has become necessary to resort to re-purchasing these (2$samples at MG Minerals) and using my own blending materials! Wouldn’t do this unless it was necessary!

Honored Contributor

Good job, @lolakimono, I don't know your age, nor your mother's. But sometimes, it's just too overwhelming for someone a bit "older" to tackle.
That is why, when I retired early due to health issues, I started in right away, didn't want to stuff to become an even bigger issue as I age. lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@lolakimono 

Whatever happened to that other position in another school district ... or am I  dreaming?

@SoX 

They hired from within. I didn't even get an interview, so probably a "fake" listing.  The person they hired does not even have a Ph.D.

If that’s case u might b better off where u r 

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Good job, @lolakimono, I don't know your age, nor your mother's. But sometimes, it's just too overwhelming for someone a bit "older" to tackle.
That is why, when I retired early due to health issues, I started in right away, didn't want to stuff to become an even bigger issue as I age. lol

I think that older generation just held onto things For many reasons growing up with the depression and the war. Etc 

And now it’s just so much easier to get rid of stuff with websites and all those kinds of things