Honored Contributor

AM Style Chat - 7/27/2019

[ Edited ]

Good Morning AM Stylers, what's good in your world?  

The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time
Terry Tempest Williams
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - 7/27/2019

I've been noticing this 'new' fabric being used in Denim & Co. called textured knit.  I don't know, it reminds me almost of a slub knit without the slub, lol.  Do you know what I mean?  My point is that I think it's thinner and cheaper.  $43.50 for a knit top made in this fabric seems a little high to me.

The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time
Terry Tempest Williams
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Good morning!

I got a late start this morning as we were in Disney Springs last night and we were up late.

Today we are headed to the vet for a limpy cat.  Perhaps too much jumping around to see the progress on the decluttering?

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I've been noticing this 'new' fabric being used in Denim & Co. called textured knit.  I don't know, it reminds me almost of a slub knit without the slub, lol.  Do you know what I mean?  My point is that I think it's thinner and cheaper.  $43.50 for a knit top made in this fabric seems a little high to me.

totally

even my JCrew tshirt from last week was $30 and on promo yesterday at 30% off,   absolutely no reason for Q to be at that level 

Esteemed Contributor

Morning.  I am getting a haircut in a few hours.  It's been 5 months.  I think it's time.

I hate the thought of an emergency where I need to appear upstanding, so I thought a little grooming in order.

Watching a cute little dove pecking and scratching at the ground feeder outside the window.  There was a covey of 5 right there yesterday - clearly not even "yearlings".

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's been a beautiful week of mostly 70's after last week's heat wave.  I am heading out for my walk.   I have been,walking early each day and I am heading out in a few minutes.  It's supposed to be hot today & tomorrow.

no shopping this week for me other than a trip to my hometown pharmacy for Uloric & Xarelto.  YIKES!

The big news here is that the taekwondo instructor that our dd, dgs, & dgd go to hit the Big Screen & is in the movie  "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."  The entire studio is going to see the movie this evening .

Our dd said that he is the nicest, kindest, hard working guy that you could ever meet & so deserving.  He is from their small hometown.

I will read your posts when I get back from my walk.

Honored Contributor

In fashion news, my designer boots that I had pinned a while ago are finally on sale in my size, so I jumped.

Aquazzura-

They read navy in the photo, but they are actually black.  I don't wear a lot of black, but I could wear cats every day so I treated myself.Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

I'm considering these as my Back to School fashion item-

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, Style Sisters ...

It's a balmy 72 degrees this morning .... sun peeking up through my living room window ... no plans today, except a trip to the bank this morning.

I've gotten some great scarves from JCrew, which now seems to be my go-to place for great sales and free shipping.   I've left the Q behind ... going to get my stash and will be right back to post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama @lolakimono @twinny70 @Sweetbay magnolia @jackthebear 

@Bird mama 

Yes, way too $ IMO

@lolakimono 

Very good looking boots! And I hope the limpy (edited) kitty is ok and that heals up quickly!

@twinny70 

How exciting! A star in the midst! 

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Enjoy the new do!

@jackthebear 

Wow! Even JC has some sense (pricing)

@lolakimono 

I edited that bit. When does school start up again?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~