Honored Contributor

AM Style Chat - 7/27/2019

[ Edited ]

Good Morning AM Stylers, what's good in your world?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - 7/27/2019

I've been noticing this 'new' fabric being used in Denim & Co. called textured knit.  I don't know, it reminds me almost of a slub knit without the slub, lol.  Do you know what I mean?  My point is that I think it's thinner and cheaper.  $43.50 for a knit top made in this fabric seems a little high to me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Good morning!

I got a late start this morning as we were in Disney Springs last night and we were up late.

Today we are headed to the vet for a limpy cat.  Perhaps too much jumping around to see the progress on the decluttering?

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I've been noticing this 'new' fabric being used in Denim & Co. called textured knit.  I don't know, it reminds me almost of a slub knit without the slub, lol.  Do you know what I mean?  My point is that I think it's thinner and cheaper.  $43.50 for a knit top made in this fabric seems a little high to me.

totally

even my JCrew tshirt from last week was $30 and on promo yesterday at 30% off,   absolutely no reason for Q to be at that level 

Esteemed Contributor

Morning.  I am getting a haircut in a few hours.  It's been 5 months.  I think it's time.

I hate the thought of an emergency where I need to appear upstanding, so I thought a little grooming in order.

Watching a cute little dove pecking and scratching at the ground feeder outside the window.  There was a covey of 5 right there yesterday - clearly not even "yearlings".

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's been a beautiful week of mostly 70's after last week's heat wave.  I am heading out for my walk.   I have been,walking early each day and I am heading out in a few minutes.  It's supposed to be hot today & tomorrow.

no shopping this week for me other than a trip to my hometown pharmacy for Uloric & Xarelto.  YIKES!

The big news here is that the taekwondo instructor that our dd, dgs, & dgd go to hit the Big Screen & is in the movie  "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."  The entire studio is going to see the movie this evening .

Our dd said that he is the nicest, kindest, hard working guy that you could ever meet & so deserving.  He is from their small hometown.

I will read your posts when I get back from my walk.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In fashion news, my designer boots that I had pinned a while ago are finally on sale in my size, so I jumped.

Aquazzura-

They read navy in the photo, but they are actually black.  I don't wear a lot of black, but I could wear cats every day so I treated myself.Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

I'm considering these as my Back to School fashion item-

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, Style Sisters ...

It's a balmy 72 degrees this morning .... sun peeking up through my living room window ... no plans today, except a trip to the bank this morning.

I've gotten some great scarves from JCrew, which now seems to be my go-to place for great sales and free shipping.   I've left the Q behind ... going to get my stash and will be right back to post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama @lolakimono @twinny70 @Sweetbay magnolia @jackthebear 

@Bird mama 

Yes, way too $ IMO

@lolakimono 

Very good looking boots! And I hope the limpy (edited) kitty is ok and that heals up quickly!

@twinny70 

How exciting! A star in the midst! 

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Enjoy the new do!

@jackthebear 

Wow! Even JC has some sense (pricing)

@lolakimono 

I edited that bit. When does school start up again?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~