Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

Good morning and thank you for getting us started!

I continue to have sleep issues, probably a combination of staring at screens all day and the break in. 

On Thursday I called the police after hearing loud conversations outside at 11 p.m.  There were people walking around outside of our vehicles, and after having mine vandalized I jumped to look out the window.  There were people who don't live in the community double parked, they got out of the car and headed off on foot.  The lady parked the van in a space that is not for residents and walked off in their direction.

Then I went downstairs to get the non-emergency police number to follow their advice "if you see something say something."  While I was on the phone, the lady came from the opposite direction, got into the van, backed it up about 500 feet, picked up one passenger and headed up the drive to leave the community.  Then she was parked at the stop sign for a bit before she left.  Bizarre.  So the police came out and I showed them the Ring camera footage of people who don't live here, walking around cars, breaking up into smaller groups, etc. and leaving on foot.

Last night, our newest neighbors had "guests" outside of their house.  Although we have "stay at home" orders with directives not to be with anyone who does not live in the house, it does not seem to apply to them.  One of their guests had "bass" going on and off from about 11 until 2, and I think their outside party concluded about 4 a.m.  There were different cars, so I'm not sure how many "guests" they had.  BF was snoring, so he heard nothing, but I barely got any rest between 11 and 4. 

I debated calling the police again for the noise violation.  We have an HOA, and they have already received warnings from the president.  They have at least three and maybe five children under the age of 5, and the open the door and let them run around unsupervised.  I don't know if three of them are triplets, or just "stairstep" children/Irish twins.  Anyway, today I am feeling bleary eyed and less than neighborly.  

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1  I purchased several puzzles from Amazon when this first started. I was able to purchase another one yesterday for the regular price. Since this started, puzzle prices went through the roof! And, availability was practically nil. Even the one I just ordered took me awhile to weed through the ridiculously priced puzzles until I found one that wasn't. You would be surprised at how fast time goes by when you're working on one. 😀 We had a stash of older puzzles that I was able to give to people in our neighborhood looking for some. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 

Good morning and thank you for getting us started!

I continue to have sleep issues, probably a combination of staring at screens all day and the break in. 

On Thursday I called the police after hearing loud conversations outside at 11 p.m.  There were people walking around outside of our vehicles, and after having mine vandalized I jumped to look out the window.  There were people who don't live in the community double parked, they got out of the car and headed off on foot.  The lady parked the van in a space that is not for residents and walked off in their direction.

Then I went downstairs to get the non-emergency police number to follow their advice "if you see something say something."  While I was on the phone, the lady came from the opposite direction, got into the van, backed it up about 500 feet, picked up one passenger and headed up the drive to leave the community.  Then she was parked at the stop sign for a bit before she left.  Bizarre.  So the police came out and I showed them the Ring camera footage of people who don't live here, walking around cars, breaking up into smaller groups, etc. and leaving on foot.

Last night, our newest neighbors had "guests" outside of their house.  Although we have "stay at home" orders with directives not to be with anyone who does not live in the house, it does not seem to apply to them.  One of their guests had "bass" going on and off from about 11 until 2, and I think their outside party concluded about 4 a.m.  There were different cars, so I'm not sure how many "guests" they had.  BF was snoring, so he heard nothing, but I barely got any rest between 11 and 4. 

I debated calling the police again for the noise violation.  We have an HOA, and they have already received warnings from the president.  They have at least three and maybe five children under the age of 5, and the open the door and let them run around unsupervised.  I don't know if three of them are triplets, or just "stairstep" children/Irish twins.  Anyway, today I am feeling bleary eyed and less than neighborly.  

ugh

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama @lolakimono 

good morning!

Just looking over some purchases and deliveries are interesting for us now.

I ordered something but I don't know where it was left.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  😧 That and they sound bad. Are these neighbors permanent or renters do you know? After reading your post I'm even more thankful for my neighbors. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

School is closed until May 15.

I think by taking these closures a few weeks at a time, students are not taking this seriously. Some probably think they can just "make up" the work later, like they tend to do at the end of the quarter when they are not passing and they realize they have to do X amount of work to get to passing.

The technology piece is a huge source of inequities.  Some students still do not have access to a computer or Chromebook, and they are only getting one per family. Even if we loan them a Chromebook, they may not have internet or high-speed internet, required to have a Google Meet with a class of students.

Most of us realize that the technology that we have written grants for, or spent the bulk of a year's budget on, will probably not come back to the schools, or at least in the condition that we lent them out in.

My department had no access to computers, for example, until I came to be DC. I invested a lot of time lobbying "stalking" my coordinator to buy us a cart with a class set.  We got 33 brand new Chromebooks last March, with the expectation that I would take good care of them, implement a system for checking them out, keeping track of the serial numbers, etc. and now if any or all of those are not returned, it will be many years before my department is "up" for the purchase of technology.  Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

Hello JTB we just ended week 5 of B's work at home, we will be starting week 6 on Monday

@jackthebear wrote:

good morning all

going into week 5

can't say it's fun

moving on

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

anyone shopping today?

I ordered some anybody pants from PM to wear around the house, the waistband is huge and i ordered a PXS

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone.  

@LTT1 

Thank you for starting the thread.  At least, you can adjust to your new surroundings and decide where you want to put things.  By the way, I like the softer edged sofa that you showed.

@lolakimono 

That's awful.  I can certainly understand your uneasiness after your robbery and your disgust with inconsiderate and rude neighbors.

We had a very interesting week here in East Tennessee.  Easter Sunday night and early Monday morning we had tornadoes rolling through.  We were under tornado warnings for about 4 hours.  Tornadoes touched down all around us but we were spared and we are thankful to God.  I think there were about 16 people killed in surrounding communities. So tragic.  We lost power for about 30 hours.  I had to go to Chattanooga yesterday for a doctor's appointment.  The Chattanooga area was really hit hard with numerous deaths and destroyed homes.  I hadn't been to Chattanooga which is 40 miles away since the Pandemic began and I was simply amazed at the emptiness; it was eerie.  

Have any of you ever been in a tornado?  

Trusted Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@LTT1  I purchased several puzzles from Amazon when this first started. I was able to purchase another one yesterday for the regular price. Since this started, puzzle prices went through the roof! And, availability was practically nil. Even the one I just ordered took me awhile to weed through the ridiculously priced puzzles until I found one that wasn't. You would be surprised at how fast time goes by when you're working on one. 😀 We had a stash of older puzzles that I was able to give to people in our neighborhood looking for some. 

@Mimi 1883 

That was nice of you.