Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 

😢

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

So good to know that you are both safe and well!

I don't imagine the CV can catch up with you on your moped!

💗

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Snicks1 

I'm re-posting your graphic because it helps me.

Maybe it will help others too.

Esteemed Contributor

LTT1, you are right.  I can out run the virus.  It's not been too bad so far, but another 30 days after April 24th, I don't know about.  Not being able to see family, friends & eating at a nice restaurant are getting old.  I can find ways to entertain myself.  It's a good thing that we have both been retired (him for 17 years & me at home for 18 years).  Having to work at home so suddenly would be a great challenge.  

Bird Mama, I am no artist for sure, but I love to do painting inside the house. Stenciling

is my way to jazz something up.  I can't draw the broad side of a barn!

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  Thank you for the nice thread start

@lolakimono  It seems that school districts across the country were unprepared for a crisis like the pandemic and are likely under funded. I bet moving forward, school districts will have plans in place for different crises.

@Bird mamaYour art project looks intriguing and fun. I can't wait to see your completed work. Your loved ones are in my prayers. When I was first married and living in the Midwest we had a tornado warning. I went in the basement but against my protest, my husband went upstairs to look. It touched down in the yard right behind us, pulled up the fence, and then pulled the roof off the next house before more damage. Bad weather makes me nervous.

Ladies I have the cliche problem of having NOTHING TO WEAR. Next to nothing fits. Leggings have turned into trousers with the crotch sagging, pants are sliding to my hips and make me feel like I'm playing kids' "dress-up", 2 people could fit into some of my tops, the Jockey panties I wear to sleep in look like cotton balloons, etc. Instead of maintaining my weight, I've lost at least 3 more lbs. for 18+ lbs. I need to eat more of the cookies I baked this week Lol.

So, I'm shopping online today. I don't know where to begin to have a small, organized, and reasonably-priced new basic wardrobe. If you can think of ideas or a plan, I'd really appreciate your input on items, sites, etc. @lolakimono   I've always admired your expertise. My thoughts are:

-More casual clothes since I work at home and hope to retire this year.

-No heavy fabrics at this time of year because it will likely hit 90 degrees this week.

-Pants in basic colors and a couple light colors (I recently bought jeans)

-Just a few tops because I can still wear some that I have; they should coordinate with the new pants

-Idk what else

Take care, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I am the LAST person who is knowledgeable about this LOL, but it sounds like what you need is a capsule wardrobe, like Project 333.

https://bemorewithless.com/how-to-build-a-capsule-wardrobe/

I know you like TH and Macy's, so maybe build a collection around three colors like navy, khaki and red.  I mention TH, because the brand is sold lots of places and the colors are pretty consistent in the line.

I would probably get piece like these below:

Tommy Hilfiger Polka-Dot Lace-Up T-Shirt Dress

For shoes, if you need them, maybe a pair of flats, a wedge, a sneaker, and a sandal.

Sperry Women's Angelfish Boat Shoes

Honored Contributor

This is just a follow up to my Home Depot trip.  I not only received two emails about the single order that was shipped in two parts, I also received 2 different texts.  So I drove to Home Depot and parked in one of the curbside pickup slots and called.  Apparently the craft paint arrived and there was an error telling me the base paint (8 oz sample) came in.  I told the lady, don't bother running the craft paint out, I'll be back when you get both parts of the order together.

Three weeks to get an 8 oz paint sample, sigh.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  Thanks. You're right; it is a capsule wardrobe that I need now. I love many of your picks! Khaki, navy, white, and I'll add black, and a couple pastel jeans. I like preppy TH, and I like some Boho. So maybe I'll find some tops in both that will go with the pants. A nice white button-front light shirt for summer layering might be good, too.

Even my jeans jackets don't fit now but since it gets so hot here, I think I can wait until fall. My neighbor's husband was furloughed from his job, so maybe I'll see if she can use any of the clothes I purge.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 @Bird mama @lolakimono @twinny70 @Snicks1 @jackthebear @Desert Lily @Tennesseegal Happy Saturday!  Just catching up and checking in.  Woke up to SNOW so figured I'd jump in the shower and head to work, house is clean (crazy clean) and can't do much else. Can't walk the dog with the white stuff, yard work is out.  Really don't need/want anything a the grocery store so ...Work!- Place is a zoo, not sure it will ever get back to normal.  Two have been out and tested negative, one just went out - (roomie works in a nursing home and is "presumptive") so he's gone for two weeks.  Got in and voila.the email has arrived- he has a fever.  Just waiting for the ax to fall and they'll close the lab down.  (ugh.) 

@Bird mama Many many novenas for your family to my favorite St. Theresa...May your famiy find peace and solace -- get away from this gross virus. 

@lolakimono Whaaat is going on down there??  I think I"m getting old because I'd be out there barking at them to all go home.  There are certain things that I refuse to allow others to disturb, one is my sleep, peace of mind.  I get very cranky when I don't get my sleep.  (if you need lessons on how to be cranky...I'm available) I'm told by my technicians I have a look on my face when I"m not happy with something and they go quickly the other way....hmm..

@Tennesseegal I was home early one day this week and had the weather report on while I was looking out my back window into the woods.  My pine trees are at least 125' tall and the wind was about 65mph.  I'm glad they were far enough away from the house because they were swaying like they were twigs.  I cannot imagine a tornado - My heart bleeds for people dealing with this virus and now no home?  

Everybody think positive!  Things are getting better (i think)-- Mother nature has made it clear she isn't happy with us and send us all to our rooms to think about things.  She seems to be letting up a bit.   We're getting there!  Keep the faith! Just a while longer...Stay strong and positive! 

Honored Contributor

AM Stylers Heart

My aunt MaryAnne passed away last night and her suffering is over.

TY110 THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS | Life Greetings: Catholic ...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise