Honored Contributor

I have to go to Home Depot and pick up an order I placed with them at least 2 weeks ago.  I guess I'm supposed to call them from the parking lot and they'll run the order out.  Meanwhile I'll have the trunk lid open and will be standing in the parking lot on the passenger side of the car because I don't want anyone getting too close to me.  Wow the 'now normal'.

I bought these wooden boxes from the Q fully understanding that shabby shic or weathered farmhouse is not my thing, lol.

Home Reflections Set of 2 Large and Small Decor Boxes - H222676

I ordered 8 ounces of paint in a color called Arizona (kind of terracotta) and 4 colors of craft paint.

I'm not crafty so it will be interesting to see how these turn out.  I'll give each box a full coat of the Arizona tinted paint and then I will use the craft paint to add color to the scroll designs on the top.

Pray for me, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
@Bird mama, I am betting you will do a great job and will have pieces that will be just what you want. Good luck.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  I'll take some before and after pictures.  I can see the finished product in my head.  Whether I actually get there remains to be seen.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

i actually do

2 fam members are in health care so I have heard what's happening 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 4/18 7am

[ Edited ]

Snick's, what a lovely message.  Thank you.

Lola, Kirby is a sweetheart. 

Dawnie.we have had all kinds of weather here. Last week 75°, this week 40's at best for a few days.  Now it's beautiful  & sunny.  I am looking forward to lots of near 60° temps starting today.

My DH is doing his weekly vacuuming, so I am staying put until he is done.  He is like " a guy on a mission. "

I am so happy to be healthy and have plenty of everything to keep me entertained.  Hot tub, books to read, mopeding around town and back home since nothing is open, dancing around our house with my DH & enjoying a few drive thru restaurants for lunch or dinner.  Oh, and house cleaning to finish up with today.  After I get the floors steam mopped, my DH told me that he is going to give it a white glove test.  Lol.

Honored Contributor

everyone have a good day, done with Q for a while

the K and Alberti combo isn't for me

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama   I picked up an essential order at Home Depot yesterday. AC filters and waterproof wire nuts for outside lights (the gardeners cut the wire trimming bushes).  
My pickup went well.  I called from the lot.  The three parking spots were full so I parked in front of the door. Within two minutes the guy came out with the goods.  I opened the back door as I didn't want him slamming my electric trunk. Great experience.  

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine what they are going through @jackthebear   

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I bought the same boxes in the "green" color they are on my dresser top holding Jewelery and Hair good, other than an initial smell they are really nice 

@Bird mama wrote:

I have to go to Home Depot and pick up an order I placed with them at least 2 weeks ago.  I guess I'm supposed to call them from the parking lot and they'll run the order out.  Meanwhile I'll have the trunk lid open and will be standing in the parking lot on the passenger side of the car because I don't want anyone getting too close to me.  Wow the 'now normal'.

I bought these wooden boxes from the Q fully understanding that shabby shic or weathered farmhouse is not my thing, lol.

Home Reflections Set of 2 Large and Small Decor Boxes - H222676

I ordered 8 ounces of paint in a color called Arizona (kind of terracotta) and 4 colors of craft paint.

I'm not crafty so it will be interesting to see how these turn out.  I'll give each box a full coat of the Arizona tinted paint and then I will use the craft paint to add color to the scroll designs on the top.

Pray for me, rofl.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 4/18 7am

[ Edited ]

Good morning! 

Dying my eyebrows this morning...to get the grey ones. I've done it on others, but first time on myself. Very careful not to get in my eyes.