Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 3/9/19

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono I don't mind your suggestions. I just can't stand it when people tell me how to feel and how long I should grieve and make judgments about that. Everyone's grief and grief process is different. I can't stand platitudes either. People treat you like you have some sort of contagious disease, in many cases considering the people I'm grateful for that -)

I have actually thought about those types of things. I'm hoping to have the courage to go to a volunteer fair soon. My confidence isn't that good, and unfortunately I'm dealing with so many difficult things on top of my grief. I've done what I had to do in terms of professional help, but it's still so very difficult.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

No need to wait on your son, if you're ready to donate!

https://givebackbox.com/works

Honored Contributor

Busy weekend here, meeting friend for lunch at a local deli, I have already tracked my matzo bowl soup, rye bread and 1/4 pastrami sandwich, DH and I are both getting 1/2 sandwiches and splitting them. I have not had any pastrami since we sat shiva for my dad in Dec 2017.

Then tomorrow we have a co-ed baby shower for a the daughter of my childhood BFF, I get to see my friend about once a year and I am looking forward to it.

I made the Mom to be a baby blanket and I made a made a blanket for the Mom to be when she was born, so I am keeping up a tradition.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Howdy☘️

re:  JCP (thought of you, @Bird mama ) - I ordered DH three sweaters on line and received three curtain panels instead!

Oh well.  They sent me a pre-paid return label and I re-ordered.  The customer service people were helpful.

He didn't get his original color selection, but we think it will be better the second time around, now that we've had more time to think about it!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I think I’d like to adopt your version of 40 days donation!

This is a different version of what LaLexi🎀 got at the Museum last Friday: “Paleontologist Barbie.” The edition she got had a block of stone in it with tools to release imbedded fossils. It entertained the two of them for hours — well an hour anyway— and we will take what we can get.

We need a refill!

1DEB2007-D0C7-4E31-BC43-553D1BFE8438.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Things have happened to me since my mom passed that I can’t help grinning to myself about. 

I will happen upon a piece of her jewelry that she was very proud of (a Mary Kay director’s pin for instance).

At these times I know she is talking to me about something in my life. She was very controlling and when she spoke I had to listen.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Most of my shipping boxes are sent to recycle BIN almost immediately after opening ... they're gone, gone, gone.

I need Big boxes to house all the stuff I need to get rid of ... 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

What is the deal with QVC now selling name brands like Soma and Playtex, I think that Clinique and Bobbi Brown are no longer sold, that should of been a lesson for them 

clinque/BBrown sold just about everywhere in the country, not sure why Q wanted in on that

Soma? not sure,

but Playtex used to sold at the regional discounters like Kmart, Grants, (really dating myself on that) but you all know what I mean, 

being on the Q might be good for them reaching that older viewer?

Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 3/9/19

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 

When I  finally went through Moms jewelery and found  Star of David that I made from silver plate in 10th grade shop class (yes girls had shop), Inow proudly wear and I I have had several comments on how beautiful or different it is.

@LTT1 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

Things have happened to me since my mom passed that I can’t help grinning to myself about. 

I will happen upon a piece of her jewelry that she was very proud of (a Mary Kay director’s pin for instance).

At these times I know she is talking to me about something in my life. She was very controlling and when she spoke I had to listen.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@house_cat  My eyes are leaking!  Loved what your Dad said.  How true!  I will remember this.  Thank you for sharing.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet