Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

Loves, I'm not sure if this is your cup of tea, but since you liked "Jack Ryan," I thought you might like "The Unit," which is now on Prime.  It was such a terrific, under the radar series ...  I'm looking forward to another "binge" on this one.

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

oh, thank you!

I’m sending this suggestion to DH who loves to search for new!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I purged 24 items of clothing and one fashion jewelry set on Monday.  Replacement items arrived from JCP this week and of course, they are all winners.  Just some tees, a casual top, a pair of dress slacks and a blouse.  

I received the Dooney & Bourke TSV that I ordered last weekend.  It's a keeper.

The convert a bench also arrived and despite an issue with one of the legs I think I'll like it.  Customer service at Premiere Products is wonderful and they are sending a replacement leg for the bench.

@Bird mama   ...

Birdie, I'm waiting for my son to bring me a couple of very large boxes so that I can get started with clothing for donations ... I'm just this side of being labeled a (well, I don't want to say).

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for those of you who are grieving.  It was different for me, because my mom started declining at least ten years before she passed.  It was as if I was grieving her loss all those years, and when she finally died, it was actually a happy thing. I know she was unhappy the last few years and I like to think she is at peace now.

My dad was also very much ready to go the last couple of years.  I asked him how I would recognize him after he died... like would he visit as a butterfly, a bird... what would it be?  He was not a religious man. He said, "You'll know it's me whenever you're happy, because I'll be happy."

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Heart  @house_cat 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I just got chills! What a dear thing for your dad to say!

Same for my situation...aged parents and they were so very uncomfortable. My dad who also was not AT ALL religious (can you say atheist?) pointed up to heaven on his deathbed and nodded at me as if to “undo” his previous thoughts. It was as if he was trying to reassure me...and actually, it does.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 3/9/19

[ Edited ]

@SoX   Most of what I donated was brand new.  Ankle dress pants that were just a smidge too short for me, tees that I bought in misses instead of tall because misses were on sale at the time.

I was an example of penny wise, pound foolish.  I'm not done yet Woman Happy  I'm determined to have my closets and dressers edited before the one year anniversary of my retirement.

I like the 40 items 40 days Lent idea.  Of course, had I been smart and waited one stinking day, I'd be up 24 items.  But no, I had to donate mine on Fat (Shrove) Tuesday.

I'm even looking at my shoes

Image result for lady fainting gif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Just going throught stuff we leave for 5 nights in the tropics in about 10 days.

Had to make sure the bandeux strapless bras still work and that I have 5 jockey skimmies that are not stretched out. It is different when we go to Delaware, the rental always has a washer and dryer and I take 1/2 as much undies

Oy so much to think about

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 3/9/19

[ Edited ]

I cannot preach to people what to do.  I can only say what helped me when my little Mom went to heaven almost ten years ago.  She was the last parent DH and I had left.  I still miss her.  

We made donations to Smile Train to fund surgeries for the very poor children needing lifesaving surgeries.  In honor of DH’s parents, in honor of my parents.  I could just picture the four of them in heaven being so happy.

I was retired when Mom passed, so I decided I would honor her by volunteering at a non-profit health care facility for seniors.  On the skilled nursing floor.  It was soon after, and sometimes I cried - not there.  It was not where my Mom had been for two and a half years.  But I prayed for strength and guidance and grew to love going there.  Just a volunteer,  spending time listening to residents and trying to make them happy.  Had to quit after almost five years due to my back issues.  I think I did my Mom proud.  My parents were very kind and caring people.

Again, nothing will ever erase missing someone you love so much.  But this helped me bring some peace and honor them.

All my best wishes to all!

Honored Contributor

We bundled up all of my parents stuff, yes Moms clothes hung exactly where they were for 4 years. We took 20 bags to our local Goodwill, it was very difficult to get any charity to do a pick up, we did two huge car loads, Mom and Dad lived very close to me so our local Goodwill was only 5 minutes away. 

The only thing I did not donate was the jacket my Mom wore to go away on her honeymoon, I found it as I was going through their coat closet, it made me smile

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.