Honored Contributor
Bye ltt. I'm out of here too. See you around the boards.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor
Bye cappy!
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jackthebear

Jack, here's why I won't fight her - I work for my insurance company, lol.

My insurance company insists you start with a generic form and then prove over time that it is not working before they agree to pay for brand name.

The core ingredient in a generic is the same but the rest of the 'recipe' can vary depending on manufacturer.  Pharmacies want to make money so they buy the generics from whichever manufacturer has the cheapest price.  This means the generic synthroid recipe I take today could change in 90 days and then jack my numbers up.  This means more frequent blood testing and more visits with her.

With brand name synthroid - the recipe is identical and consistent every time.  My dose has not changed in 2 years and I only have to see my doctor once a year.

Honestly, I'll pay the difference between the approved amount and brand name.

@Bird mama

that makes the whole issue quite different. 

Honored Contributor

Well, thanks for another great chat.

I'm off to gather a stud finder, drill, screwdriver, meaursing tape, pencil, etc.  Time to remove the old traverse rod and associated hardware for the bay window that I've disliked for 14 years now.  I'm going to install new brackets and a decorative rod.  This is part one of the project.  Part two involves another rod which is on it's way.  I should be sleeping better tonight after I hang the room darkening curtains.  I chose a light color (sand) so it should be interesting.  If nothing else, it has to be an improvement over sheers.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I want to say thanks for my birthday wishes on Wednesday.  DH &  I had a nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  Then I dinner some ME shopping.  Nice infinity scarf & gloves to match a SG reversible teal/grey jacket, a bag of chocolate raspberry coffee & 2 cute Valentine's Day indoor wreaths.

I need to read your posts as I got up real late today & just got DH off too his men's meeting/breakfast.  I am meeting friends for lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Mom has been very combative this week.  Not liking her assisted living place.  I had to meet with her palliative care/hospice Dr. yesterday.  She is mad at me & the world because she can't go back to her home.  She is 95 & fighting until the very end.  It has been a 4 month battle.

Prayers for others with needs greater than my own.

Honored Contributor

have a good weekend all, I am here still in lounge wear B has gone off to the gym, I am hanging out at home, have a 3 pm appt for a "keratin" at a new salon, I was very impressed when I spoke to them on the phone.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I hope you find a stud finder.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~